PDA

View Full Version : no case yet should I worry?

Barbi_Barnum
02-15-2010, 04:41 AM
I haven't received my case back from Imaging yet. Should I be worried? It's Feb 15th now. I only had one print hang. No loans or anything that should slow things down.

Rick_Massarini
02-15-2010, 04:48 AM
My print case just came back to me on Thursday - just three days ago. I'm sure there are others still in transit and there may possibly still be some in the repacking phase. All of the General Exhibit went into the big wheeled wooden shipping crates (each holds about 400-500 prints) for shipment back to Lincoln NE. Then the prints have to be put back in the owners cases and shipped. The Loan prints were boxed up for shipment back to PPA Headquarters - so having a Loan image wouldn't slow things down.

Joe_Campanellie
02-15-2010, 12:36 PM
I got my print case back months ago and it was empty...but that's good thing !

So Rick...what do they do with all those loan prints they keep at PPA?

Keith_A_Howe
02-15-2010, 01:52 PM
I haven't received my case back from Imaging yet. Should I be worried? It's Feb 15th now. I only had one print hang. No loans or anything that should slow things down.

Barbi, I am sure it will be coming in a few days,I got mine last week, but if in doubt drop a note to Jim Dingwell - dingphoto@windstream.net .

I got my print case back months ago and it was empty
Thats just soooooo sad! For those that don't know, when all 4 entries go loan, your print case is sent back to you shortly after the judging because there is no reason to hold your case as no images are returned to you.

So Rick...what do they do with all those loan prints they keep at PPA?

They travel all over the world. Any association that wants to can check out the loan collection for display at their conference (they do have to cover shipping to and from Atlanta). I know that in the past it has gone to Korea and China as well.
Keith

Joe_Campanellie
02-15-2010, 02:00 PM
Thanks Keith...I always wondered what happened to those images.

Keith_A_Howe
02-15-2010, 02:08 PM
Oh I also forgot, some of the loan collection decorates PPA headquarters.
Keith

Rick_Massarini
02-15-2010, 07:48 PM
PPA also had a display of some prints from the Loan Collection at the Daytona Beach Community College in the Photography Department - they were there in 2008 when we last had the International Judging at the college.

Stephanie_Millner
02-16-2010, 06:53 AM
Barbi, for VA this weekend you don't need a regulated print case (contact Pam I guess?). I'm pretty sure you can use a cardboard box for VPPA.