PDA

View Full Version : IUSA merits???

TracyeGibson
02-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Anyone know what is going on with the merits? I checked last week and my merits for volunteering were there, but checked today (on another matter) and they are gone.

KirkDarling
02-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Have you called PPA to check?

Betsy_Finn
02-10-2010, 05:21 PM
I checked with Christel about this, and apparently the importing system for multiple merit allocation was corrupted. Once it's fixed, PPA will be issuing the proper merits and cleaning up the erroneous and missing information.

A CSR (customer service rep) had earlier told me all merits from IUSA should show up by the end of February. So it may be around then, or slightly longer, depending on when they get the merit importing system fixed.

jim_heidorn
02-10-2010, 05:26 PM
I have gotten my attendance merit, but not the pre con class merit. All in due time I suppose.

Don_Chick
02-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Hey Tracye,
Ditto: My merits were there last week and have now evaporated! Our PPA dues at work I guess!

Why default to such negativity?

If you deserve merits they eventually will be on your record. I've had merits disappear for a day or two and they always correct the situation. There were like 10,000 people at ImagingUSA 4 weeks ago and all those records have to be updated.

TracyeGibson
02-10-2010, 09:00 PM
I haven't called. I wanted to know if others had the same problem before I jumped the gun. I'm not surprised with all of the unexpected 'attendees'. ;) Thanks for checking Betsy!

Rick_Massarini
02-10-2010, 10:08 PM
The only time to really worry about a missing merit is if you're extremely close to a degree and it's getting close to the merit deadline for the year (around November or so). PPA staff are very good about correcting merit issues. I had a few merit issues to correct earlier this year on a few of our PPLA members and speakers from our last state convention, and all it took was a phone call to get the issues resolved, the certificates issued and the records updated in the computer. Just chill out for a while - they'll get it fixed...

mrbarton
02-11-2010, 02:02 PM
I'm glad that I'm not the one responsible for the merit record report! That's gotta be frustrating! Heck, I'm even glad that I'm not the tech to fix the computer. I can't imagine how many variables are in that. It'll get worked out. The good thing is that degree notifications don't usually come out until the Fall. Phew.