PDA

View Full Version : Retain current members, attract new members.

Larry_J_Foster
02-06-2010, 07:29 PM
As president of our local guild, I faced that challenge.

That’s why I started the FindLocalPhotographer network. I wanted to funnel prospective photography customers to our members and away from the masses of untrained imitators.

Last year (2009) the search portal for the Oklahoma City guild (FindOKCphotographer.com (http://www.findokcphotographer.com)) generated:

* Over 14,000 unique visitors
* 75% of that traffic came from search engines
* Over 1,000 clicks through to members' web sites.

Bring new business to your members.

It worked in Oklahoma City and it can work for you too.

This is a web site designed to attract search engine results and guide them to your members. It does not replace your affiliate's web site.

I am inviting your affiliate to participate in what will be the largest network of local search portals for professional photographers.

You can say to your members, “we are bringing new business to you.”

All you have to do is

* submit your membership roster.
* pay the annual investment.
* submit rosters periodically as changes occur.
* It recommended that you place a link on your web site to the search portal.

You will receive your own domain and web site (Find----Photographer.com). These sites will be networked to increase exposure and search engine results.

* Less than 35 members - $50
* 36-60 members - $75
* 61-100 members - $100
* More than 100 members - $150

At this time we will only be accepting local affiliates and state affiliates that do not have any local affiliates. Other state and regional affiliates may be added at a later date.

If you have any further questions about this, please contact me at larry@fosterphotographicarts.com or at 405.321.1972.

Larry J Foster, CPP
Past President, Metro PPA

Michael_Gan
02-06-2010, 08:53 PM
So, Larry, how is this different from the PPA "Find a Photographer" search directory?

Larry_J_Foster
02-10-2010, 05:04 PM
It's different from the PPA find a photographer in several respects:

It shows up better in search engines. Right now, the phrase "OKC photographers" we show up 6th. Try typing in any phrase that someone might use to search for a photographer and see where PPA comes up. It doesn't.
It is available to members of the affiliate, not just PPA members.
It's far easier to navigate. If a prospective customer landed on the PPA home page, they would leave before ever finding the "Find" button. Our site gives you all the options from one page. You can get anywhere in the site in three clicks or less.
It helps improve members' search results. One of the things that is important to search engine rankings these days are the number of quality links that point to a site. This provides another quality incoming link and will help improve a member's search result. Once again, notice that PPA never shows up as an incoming link to your site.

Hope this helps. Drop me a line if you have anymore questions.