PDA

View Full Version : renewal

mrbarton
01-20-2010, 04:33 PM
How does one renew their certification? I have seen a page on this on the certifiedphotographer.com website but can't find it.

Joe_Campanellie
01-20-2010, 06:54 PM
Certification is every five years. They should send you a letter sometime prior to the date when you have to re-certify.

You can simply re-certify now with educational merits now or you can re-submit prints also. You can submit digital files now too to makes things easier. Not sure if they even accept prints these days.

mrbarton
01-20-2010, 06:57 PM
Thanks Joe!

Don_Chick
01-20-2010, 08:38 PM
Or you can re-take the test. There are several ways to renew!

John_Pacetti
01-20-2010, 08:48 PM
If you stay current with your education. CEU's I think they call them. You shouldn't have any problems with re-certification. I believe you need 25 CEU's for Re-certification.
For example:
a full day program = 1 CEUs
1 week long school = 2 CEUs
attending a convention = 2 CEUs (I believe)
Local affiliate monthly meeting 1/4 CEU (4 meetings = 1 CEU)

NJ's local Certification guy spelled it all out for me a while back. I'll look for the list and post it, if I find it.

Michael_Gan
01-20-2010, 09:26 PM
Good news! I believe the CEU's have been changed for the better. Cristel announced this at the CPP gathering at Imaging. If I recall, just attending IUSA is now 5 CEUs!

KirkDarling
01-20-2010, 09:50 PM
Good news! I believe the CEU's have been changed for the better. Cristel announced this at the CPP gathering at Imaging. If I recall, just attending IUSA is now 5 CEUs!

All of this--including the information we got from Cristel at the CPP meeting--is yet more that should be available online.