PDA

View Full Version : dates for the CPP test???

Suzy_Roberts
01-13-2010, 04:44 AM
can anyone point me in the right direction for the dates of the CPP test?? Pretty please? someone told me the dates for Feb, but I"m pretty sure less than a month of studying won't cut it for me...Any later dates in the year???

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!! :)

KirkDarling
01-13-2010, 12:14 PM
Suzy,

You will need to contact Les Lopez (the Texas liaison) at 817-441-8231. I would expect that he's planning to proctor an exam at the next meeting of a/the state PPA affiliate.

However, it's also legal and possible for him to set a test date at any time and anywhere a suitable location can be found, such as at a library or a borrowed room at a community college--it does not have to be at a PPA event (although I suspect not all state liaisons know that). There's not a required minimum number of candidates necessary before a test can be scheduled, either--a test can be proctored even for one test-taker.

The CPP commission will be working through the next year to get more liaisons in each state so that tests can be given more often and at more convenient locations than just PPA events.

Kimberly_Hill
01-24-2010, 02:05 AM
Suzy, apparently you aren't supposed to call yourself "PPA Certified" anymore so you might want to go straight to Craftsman.

Stephanie_Millner
01-24-2010, 11:10 AM
Suzy, if you're speaking at VPPA you can take the test there. Also, there are more dates on the PPA Calendar (under Community --> Calendar). You'll be absolutely FINE with a less than a month to study - you have nothing to worry about! (Just thoroughly review the Prentice-Hall v9 Study Guide first... IM me.)