PDA

View Full Version : Presenting at IUSA

Todd_Reichman
01-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Hey all,

Just wanted to post a heads up that I'll be presenting at IUSA on Tuesday. I'll be at the SMS booth (#161) on Tuesday and I'll be talking about the challenge of making 50% profit on gross sales. Will be far more exhilarating than it sounds (:D). Essentially our accountant laid down the challenge that we take home 50% of gross (i.e. 50% owner's compensation + net profit for you benchmark survey lovers) in 2009. I didn't think it was possible and even with the bad economy we were able to do it and I'll be talking about some tactics and ideas for making more profit and taking more home. I'll be there for Q&A before and after and I'll be hovering around the SMS booth a lot.

Also there will be speakers at the SMS booth every hour on the hour that the expo is open so I suggest everyone stop by and get a sense of what SMS is all about. Its simply the best source for professional business eduction out there.

Hope to see some of you there. Many thanks.

- trr

Christina_Showalter
01-10-2010, 01:44 AM
We'll stop by! Is your wife going to be there too?

Ashley_Short
01-10-2010, 02:22 AM
Sounds good! What time will you be there?

Todd_Reichman
01-10-2010, 07:24 AM
Sorry !!! 1 is the time I'm slated to go on. I think my wife will be there but she might vacate the area on fear that I might embarrass her!

Thanks, hope to see many of you there.

- trr

Christina_Showalter
01-11-2010, 08:10 PM
missed you, I didn't lie ;) I just was glassy eyed from looking at all the 'stuff' at the expo and when I remembered the Rodgers were presenting! Hope to catch you later!

KirkDarling
01-11-2010, 10:12 PM
You said Tuesday, right Todd?

Ed_Sharp
01-12-2010, 01:03 AM
Yeah I think he is listed for Tuesday @ booth 161 (SMS)if I have that right, so Christina you didn't miss him after all.

Julie_Poole
01-13-2010, 12:04 PM
I cannot believe I missed that!! That was exactly the sort of thing I was looking to learn. Why am I always a day late?? I am sure I walked right by!

Lorrie_Kennedy
01-13-2010, 08:54 PM
I was there and can't hardly wait to calculate my numbers and make some changes! Todd...you were great!

Christina_Showalter
01-17-2010, 06:13 PM
what numbers?? what did you learn? Todd maybe you need to share here! I still missed it somehow....

Through the course of the week I did however learn that my numbers are actually very very good. I just need to pull in more business to achieve the wage I want. Yea!!!

Todd_Reichman
01-17-2010, 07:38 PM
I'd like to thank everyone who stopped by, hung out, and suffered through (!) my ranting. Essentially I was tasked to spend 15 minutes talking SMS-related business and spend 15 minutes answering questions. So I wasn't able to go into great detail but the bulk of my message was how to use the benchmark survey data to build and further your own business. I'm a huge believer in the power of the benchmark survey and my goal in that 30 minute period was to convince people to embrace the data and believe that it can relate to them and power their success.

I've gone into greater detail on this issue before, and I'm happy to answer questions about the topic here if anyone asks. Hopefully, there will be some other opportunities for getting this info out there soon...

thanks again,

- trr

KirkDarling
01-17-2010, 09:06 PM
You'd make a great evangelist, Todd. I enjoyed what you had to say, and it did put me in a more definite mind about getting with SMS.

Christina_Showalter
01-20-2010, 12:18 AM
I think the benchmark is incredible. We ran the numbers and I was very pleased with where we fell. Now I know where we need to make changes, where I want to be and we can start making plans as to how to get there.