PDA

View Full Version : Anyone gathering/shooting Saturday???

fortinaa
01-08-2010, 05:51 PM
I'll be arriving around 2pm and heading to a condo at the Nashville Wyndham. After that, I'll have a rental car and be looking for something to do. This will be my first trip to any major conference, so I'm looking for ideas or people with experience in Nashville and a plan!

Elizabeth_Pokela
01-08-2010, 11:45 PM
Hey! I've been here (Nashville) for a few days, and it is unusually cold and miserable for here. If you haven't much exposure to Nashville, perhaps head downtown around Vanderbilt or in the West End. Try 21st Ave for some shopping and restaurants--I haven't been here in 20 years so I'm a little rusty, but was in town today. It's just so damn COLD!! I was planning on heading south to some countryside I know tomorrow afternoon, but I won't do that if it's gray and yucky. Also, they're (PPA) looking for volunteers to help hang the print exhibition--it would be a great way to get your bearings and meet some folks. Call or text 504-388-8113 to Rick Massarini. I will be helping for a little bit after my class ends at 12--

Have fun!
Elizabeth Pokela

fortinaa
01-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Thanks. I probably will head downtown for some food and sights this evening. It is definitely cold, but managable.

KirkDarling
01-09-2010, 11:39 PM
I thought it was supposed to be cold here. It's above zero at night.

bwalker
01-13-2010, 03:38 AM
I thought it was supposed to be cold here. It's above zero at night.

Not all of us live in the frozen north Kirk. My vote? Too cold. When I go somewhere I like warmth and sunshine. But I imagine compared to your stomping grounds it just may be akin to summer in Nashville.

By the way... once again, it was a pleasure to meet you in real life!