PDA

View Full Version : Watch out for the black ice in Nashville

Ed_Sharp
01-08-2010, 12:06 PM
If you are just getting in to town be very careful driving. They did not get much snow, but the snow they got melted a little and has created some patches of black ice that have been causing traffic problems. The same holds true of the sidewalks, you have to watch your step walking on any paved surface and watch out for patches of ice. It is not supposed to get above freezing until Monday and it is 15 degrees this morning, so the ice will be hanging around a bit.

KirkDarling
01-08-2010, 02:24 PM
I anticipate a chilly drive tomorrow. It will be less than zero here when I leave--the van can't keep the cabin air more than about 35 degrees above ambient.

Elizabeth_Pokela
01-09-2010, 12:49 AM
FYI, Interstates and main roads mostly dry as of late afternoon, residential depends on the area, but not so good. I had to cancel plans with friends last night due to bad roads. And like Ed said, watch your step! The last thing I can afford is a fall (again). Glad I got here before the weather did--safe travels to all--

Elizabeth

DMPhotgraphy
01-09-2010, 06:25 AM
Safe travels to all those coming here. The main roads are good, but the majority are very slick still.

Mike_Fulton
01-09-2010, 08:48 AM
Wont be getting in until Sunday due to personal issues, but hopefully the main roads will be good by then - at least from the airport to the hotels.

Thanks for the update everyone!

John_Stein
01-10-2010, 01:01 AM
I came in around 1PM today I-81 and I-40 were all good no problems at all getting to the hotel