PDA

View Full Version : What to expect????

wkennard
01-08-2010, 09:20 AM
This is my first time attending IUSA. From the early morning to whatever nightlife there is, what should I expect? I sort of envision alot of people shaking hands, handing out business cards, learning and when its over for the day going out for a few drinks and talking. It doesn't sound bad but neither did my deployment to Iraq until I got there.

Greg_Haag
01-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Walter,
I think you will have a great experience. I would recommend going to the ImagingUSA web site and looking at the class schedule and mapping out a plan for the classes you would like to see. For me I works better if I arrive with a general plan. As to the night life I will let someone else help you there, I more of an early to bed person.
Good Luck,
Greg

MClaiborne
01-08-2010, 08:29 PM
As far as the nightlife in the area there are a few bars and such in Opryland Hotel, but the prices can be ridiculous. The nearby Opry Mills Mall has a Dave & Buster's. Across the street from Opryland Hotel there are a few bars with live music and dancing, as well as a sports bar frequented by some locals called Scoreboard. You might want to take a trip into downtown and check out the honky-tonks on lower Broadway, it's a great spot for a pub crawl with cheap beer, live music, and dancing. Bundle up though the weather is going to be very cold!

wwlphotos
01-09-2010, 04:58 AM
I live here & if you want night life & save some $$$, 2nd ave in downtown Nashville is recommended. Opryland should have shuttles and most of the hotels offer them as well. It's cold & there has been some snow but the roads are clear and the downtown streets are clear as well. I'd recommend jacks if you want ribs or that southern home cooked feel & Demo's is good for home cooked Italian. Joes crabshack is nice as well & if you want a more upscale flavor, head up West End to Ruth Chris or one of the other finer places.

Enjoy!!

DMPhotgraphy
01-09-2010, 06:20 AM
If your looking for a good bar, check out:
flying saucer
1010 Demonbreun Street
Nashville, TN 37203

Sushi & seafood:
Rusans
505 12th Avenue South Nashville, TN 37203