PDA

View Full Version : Emergency note

Keith_A_Howe
01-08-2010, 01:11 AM
For anyone going to IUSA in Nashville. There is a shortage of crew thanks to several people being pulled away for other things. Jim Dingwell needs help setting up the print show. If you are available and willing to help text or leave a voicemail to Rick Massarini at 504-388-8113. Rick is in the Judging Class so he will not be able to answer imeadately but will get your contact info forwarded. Thanks
Keith

ChontelleBrown
01-08-2010, 01:59 AM
Keith,
Do you know when? I'm not arriving until Saturday afternoon so I'm not sure how much help I can be. I also have several friends already there and can help spread the word.

Thanks,
Chontelle

Keith_A_Howe
01-08-2010, 02:29 AM
Sometime on Saturday is all I know. Rick can give you specifics.

Greg_Haag
01-08-2010, 02:04 PM
Keith,
I am here at the Judging class and I believe Jim Dingwell said about noon on Saturday.
Greg

Missy50
01-08-2010, 02:50 PM
If I get there by noon, and someone will supervise me, I will be happy to help for 1 hour until my class starts.

Rick_Massarini
01-16-2010, 02:50 AM
Thanks to the OurPPA members who showed up to help with hanging the prints.

The PEC (Photographic Exhibition Committee) had planned on using many of the student volunteers (the ones who helped us at the International Judging last year and who volunteered to work the convention) to help hang the print exhibit. The Student Volunteer coordinator pulled the student volunteers away from PEC to do other things - that's when I called Keith and he started this thread to find volunteers. At the last minute, after we made an appeal for volunteers, the PEC Administrator got the Student volunteers released back to PEC to hang the print exhibit.

Several forum members contacted me about volunteering to help, and I made the connection for them to Jim Dingwell, but then when they got there, there were plenty of people there to hang the prints - since they now had their group of student volunteers back. But if the students hadn't been released back to PEC, it would have been a very VERY long day with the few who were there having to work late into the evening to hang the prints. As it was, they finished at around 5 PM (it usually takes about 5 hours to put them up and 2 hours to take them down).

I just wanted to say THANKS to all of the OurPPA members who answered our call and were willing to give up their Saturday in Nashville to help get the show up.

The members that I know who responded were:
Steff Millner
Erin Clark
Liz Vance
Betsy Finn
Barbie Barnum
Elizabeth Pokela
Mark Benjamin
Amy Feick

If I forgot anyone - please let me know - I'm having too many senior moments lately - HA!

Thanks to each and every one of you - You're the best !!!