PDA

View Full Version : Meeting of the "Hyatt Group?"

KirkDarling
01-05-2010, 03:48 AM
A number of people seem to be staying at the Hyatt Place Opryland on Rudy's Circle--some of us are driving.

I thought we might want to meet up on Saturday evening to share schedule intents and telephone numbers. We might also descend en masse on the concierge and try to convince her to shift the shuttle schedule a bit.

The 24/7 "Guest Kitchen" looks like a good place to meet. Maybe around 8:00pm Saturday?

Tss1203
01-05-2010, 03:50 AM
that should work for us :)

bweber
01-05-2010, 04:35 AM
I'm staying there, but my flight doesn't get in until 11:20pm. :(

Missy50
01-05-2010, 02:13 PM
I think that will be fine.

Ed_Sharp
01-05-2010, 05:41 PM
We could also do an unofficail online headcount here to see how many people we have from OurPPA that would be interested in the taking the Hyatt shuttle to IUSA. That way we can let the Hyatt know a little more ahead of time, how many need a ride and that we all need to leave just a tad earlier than usual. I imagine there will be other IUSA folks staying there that are not on this forum as well. I don't know how many people their shuttle can take at a time, but it would be worth letting them know we are coming so they can be prepared:D

Missy50
01-05-2010, 06:58 PM
Ed -1
me -2
my roomie -3 (she will want to ride as well)
Kirk -4

Everyone else chime in!

bweber
01-05-2010, 07:40 PM
I will be riding the shuttle.

So that's 5.

Joe_Galioto
01-05-2010, 08:12 PM
judy & i will be on the shuttle.
joe

tewart
01-05-2010, 08:31 PM
Count me in, I also have a roommate who might be interested. See everyone at 8:00PM

Tom

tewart
01-05-2010, 08:51 PM
Any one opposed to moving the meeting up to 7:30 PM? The PPA Charities event starts at 8:00 PM at the Gaylord . I though I might want to catch that event.

Ed_Sharp
01-05-2010, 09:18 PM
I just got off the phone with the Hyatt to let them know we will have quite a few people that would like to leave for the convention center earlier. Their standard shuttle schedule (as I undstand it) is the first shuttle leaves at 7am for the Airport and the first Convention center shuttle is not until 730am. I told him that we have quite a few photographers staying there that need to be at the convention center at 7am Sunday and Monday and 730am on Tuesday. The man on the phone said he will tell his manager about our needs, but he was not sure they would be able to get someone in that early. I will be checking in tomorrow and told him I would give him an idea of how many confirmed guests are requesting the earlier shuttle departure. I imagine that the more people we have staying there, the more likely we are to get this special request.

Ed_Sharp
01-05-2010, 09:27 PM
Ed Sharp -1
Melissa(2)Wertz & roomie -3
Kirk Darling -4
Bruce Weber-5
Joe(6) & Judy Galioto-7
Tom(8) Ewart & Friend-9

Ed_Sharp
01-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Any one opposed to moving the meeting up to 7:30 PM? The PPA Charities event starts at 8:00 PM at the Gaylord . I though I might want to catch that event.

I'm free after 6pm so anytime after that works for me.

Joe_Galioto
01-05-2010, 09:43 PM
i'm good anytime,
just let me know & i'll be there.
joe

Missy50
01-05-2010, 09:46 PM
I just got off the phone with the Hyatt to let them know we will have quite a few people that would like to leave for the convention center earlier. Their standard shuttle schedule (as I undstand it) is the first shuttle leaves at 7am for the Airport and the first Convention center shuttle is not until 730am. I told him that we have quite a few photographers staying there that need to be at the convention center at 7am Sunday and Monday and 730am on Tuesday. The man on the phone said he will tell his manager about our needs, but he was not sure they would be able to get someone in that early. I will be checking in tomorrow and told him I would give him an idea of how many confirmed guests are requesting the earlier shuttle departure. I imagine that the more people we have staying there, the more likely we are to get this special request.

Thanks Ed!

Tss1203
01-05-2010, 09:57 PM
Ed Sharp -1
Melissa(2)Wertz & roomie -3
Kirk Darling -4
Bruce Weber-5
Joe(6) & Judy Galioto-7
Tom(8) Ewart & Friend-9
Amy & Todd-11

We are free to meet anytime :)

Joe_Galioto
01-05-2010, 09:59 PM
i know there's a lot to fit in each day. (and that's a good thing)
but, why on earth do they have to start at 7am! i'd rather they would start at 9am & make the convention a day longer. you have to be up at 5am to get breakfast in.
joe

bweber
01-06-2010, 08:31 PM
Since I don't get in until late Saturday night, please post (or email me) the time we are meeting in the lobby Sunday for the shuttle.

Thanks!
Bruce

Ed_Sharp
01-06-2010, 09:54 PM
I am posting from the Hyatt "internet cafe", they have 2 computers here.
This is a really nice place and the staff is very friendly and helpful. A big thanks to Kirk for the tip to try this place on Priceline.:cool:
I asked again at the desk about having the the shuttle leave earlier Sunday Monday and Tuesday and told them we had 11 confirmed guests who would like the earlier shuttle and said there would most likely be more. I let them know we would be meeting Saturday night and we would have a better idea of how many we will have going to IUSA. The shuttle can hold 13 people per trip. It probably wouldn't hurt to ask about the shuttle when you call to confirm your reservation, that way they will know it is real guests that actually staying at their hotel that are requesting the early shuttle.
If the shuttle does not work out, the walk over to the Gaylord is not bad at all. I did a quick walk over to the Gaylord and including waiting for the traffic light to cross the main road it took 13 minutes from the Hyatt to the entrance of the Magnolia area(inside the building). The place is amazing and very easy to get lost in. The waterfalls and gardens are very impressive, not to mention the humidity in there. Don't forget your map.;)
I'm running on no sleep today so I am heading off to take a nap.

Ed_Sharp
01-07-2010, 03:18 PM
I walked over to the convention center this morning to turn in some extra convention badges that were sent to me due to a computer glitch and since my classes don't start untill tomorrow I was doing a little recon of the precon and the Gaylord itself. My cheeks were a little rosy from the cold, but not a bad walk.

It is cold here and this morning all the schools in the state were closed except for 3 counties because they were expecting a big snow fall. They were expected to get a whopping 1-2 inches here in town:p, but so far it has been just a little sleet dusting the sidewalks. It is cold here, so bring your winter gear for any outdoor activities you will be doing.

They have a free continental breakfast here, which is all I need, but if you want more af a meal there is a Bob Evans and McDonalds in the same parking lot area.

From what I have seen of the parking lot over at the Gaylord, you don't seem to get much for your $18. I don't know where they will be parking IUSA attendees, but there are parts of the parking lots there that seem to be at least 5 minutes walk to the convention center. We can reach the start of the Gaylord property in about 5 minutes by foot, it is walking the entrace area and parking lots that make it 12 or 13 minute walk.
A shuttle would be a nice convenience and I will be on board if it leaves early enough, but I would guess the walk from the Hyatt is less than most people would do if you walked the trade show floor all the way through.

KirkDarling
01-07-2010, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the recce, Ed.

bweber
01-07-2010, 08:22 PM
Ed, thanks for the reports. I just called the hotel to confirm my reservation, and I mentioned to them that I was one of the people interested in the shuttle on Sunday morning. I also asked them if the shuttle ran late enough to pick me up at the airport on Saturday at 11:30. No luck there.

If there is anybody who has a car and is a night owl who would like to pick me up, I'd greatly appreciate it. :) I guess the taxi fare is $25 to just about any place.

Ed_Sharp
01-09-2010, 12:58 PM
Just a quick update about the shuttle capacity. Danny the PM driver said the shuttle holds 11 and not 13. It is not that big of a deal because it does not take long to go to the Gaylord and back and they can do multiple trips fairly quickly.
I think I may end up walking over Sunday, Monday and Tuesday mornings in the cold and dark just to be there early.
The shuttle drops off at the Delta portico, but if you walk it is closer to go in the magnolia entrance(Look for the giant flag for the Magnolia entrance.)
When you need to get picked up from the Gaylord they are usually pretty quick to get there(10 to 15 minutes), unless the shuttle is in the middle of an airport run.

Tss1203
01-09-2010, 05:44 PM
so what did we decide for meetup?

KirkDarling
01-10-2010, 12:40 AM
Well, I'm here, so I'll be in the guest kitchen at 7:30 just hangin' around and maybe surfing.