PDA

View Full Version : Registration/classes

AmandaMcMahon
01-04-2010, 09:58 PM
When you buy your buddy pass, are you registered for the convention...meaning, that you do not have to go during the registration/pre registration times at the select locations?

Or are those locations meant to be for class sign ups, so that you get the class you want?

I am a newbie and just want to know what this is like, or do you just go to the class you want when it's scheduled?

Someone help a girl out! :)

Joe_Galioto
01-05-2010, 12:46 AM
amada,
for regular convention classes, you just go to the classes that you're interested in.
some of the big name instructors fill up and will have standing room only or even overflow rooms with monitors. so get to your class as early as you can to get a good seat up front. (you only learn in the first 10 rows)
joe

AmandaMcMahon
01-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Thanks Joe!

Heather_L._Smith
01-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Amanda - if you register early enough, they actually send your badge to you in the mail. If not, you can pick it up at one of the registration desks. You also get a goodie bag with coupons and what-not it in from vendors, PPA, etc that you can use to haul your trade show materials around in. So, if you got your badge in the mail, no need for the registration desk. Attendance has been running 6,000-8,000 in recent years, so if there are classes that are a 'must see' for you, indeed try to get there early. There are a LOT of photographers at this convention... but lots of folks to help out, too!

HeatherC
01-05-2010, 10:35 PM
Where do you get the goodie bag? I registered awhile ago and got my badge in the mail... do I still go to the registration desk to get the goodie bag?

Heather_L._Smith
01-06-2010, 03:54 PM
Yep - registration desk will have the goodie bags :)