PDA

View Full Version : Buddy pass vs single

karentibbies
01-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Am I missing something on the registration page? I am single, don't have a buddy to go with, and don't want to spend $447 for the 3 days. Why does the conference sell their registration to include a buddy for so much less than if you wanted to just be single? Is there anyone on this forum who actually has the answer to this? I am really wanting to attend, but have been slow in getting to the registration...now I am just annoyed.

pravin
01-03-2010, 01:02 PM
I have buddy pass.You can email me radissonphoto@hotmail.com Or call me 416 898 7912. Cost $110 Thanks from Pravin Thakrar

Heather_L._Smith
01-03-2010, 05:06 PM
Karen - based on the price you quoted, I'm assuming you're attending as a non-member? If so, the $429 actually includes PPA membership for the first year, plus your pass to Imaging. As you saw, however, there are lots of folks out there in your same situation that, thanks to forums like this, can find someone to register with to split the cost. Hopefully it works out for you. No need to be annoyed :)

jacobs
01-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Am I missing something on the registration page? I am single, don't have a buddy to go with, and don't want to spend $447 for the 3 days. Why does the conference sell their registration to include a buddy for so much less than if you wanted to just be single? Is there anyone on this forum who actually has the answer to this? I am really wanting to attend, but have been slow in getting to the registration...now I am just annoyed.

If you are a member, I have buddy pass to split. $134.50 for all 3 days. Let me know.

Ed_Sharp
01-03-2010, 06:10 PM
If you call IUSA 888-260-0016 they will help you out.

As I understand it you can "Join and Go" (Join PPA for 1 year and full IUSA registration) for only $323. That is a great deal.
http://imagingusa.org/registration/#JoinGo

You want to grow your business (and have a blast!) by attending Imaging USA, while also finding a way to spend less. And we want you as a member, so we’ll sweeten the deal. You can take advantage of an amazing offer right now that will provide you with both membership benefits and full access to the convention – all for one low price! (To choose the best organization for you, follow these links to PPA (http://www.ppa.com/) and SEP (http://www.sepsociety.com/).)
Get On the Road to Success with Just a Few Simple Steps

Choose from the list below and click the Join & Go Now link. You’ll then be directed to the Imaging USA registration form. Be ready to:
From the list below, choose the membership category that suits you best.
Click the Join & Go Now link.
Complete the resulting online event registration form. You’ll be asked to:

Create a new PPA or SEP member record.
Double-check your registration choice for Imaging USA (Join & Go should already be selected).
Choose additional pre-convention classes at Imaging USA if you want (additional charges apply).
Edit your Imaging USA registration badge.
Choose to bring a guest or not.

Full PPA membership for one year, PLUS one full-conference registration. That’s a savings of $219!