PDA

View Full Version : How to register second person for buddy pass??

susanaheide
01-03-2010, 05:58 AM
This might be a stupid question but I'll ask anyway :o) How does one go about registering the second person for the buddy pass. I must be overlooking the info on this issue cuz I can't fing it on the registration page. I registered a few weeks ago and am working on splitting my pass but don't know how to add the second person to my specific buddy pass. Could ayone enlighten me, please?

TIA,

Susana Heide

ChontelleBrown
01-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Susana,
When I attended 2 years ago and got a buddy after I had registered, I could not go back and add them (at least not this close to the event). I had to go to the registration desk with the person even though they had an email indicating we had worked out arrangements. This proved to be an issue since she got there the day before I did.

This year, I got my buddy before I registered and entered her name. Her badge was mailed to me and then I had to mail it to her.

I suggest calling PPA tomorrow morning for clarification.

Chontelle

Heather_L._Smith
01-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Susana - if you call PPA tomorrow, they should be able to help you out. You'll either be able to register your buddy via phone, or you'll have to do as Chontelle did and register them on site at the event. Either way, it shouldn't be too difficult.

KirkDarling
01-03-2010, 06:46 PM
Susana,
When I attended 2 years ago and got a buddy after I had registered, I could not go back and add them (at least not this close to the event). I had to go to the registration desk with the person even though they had an email indicating we had worked out arrangements. This proved to be an issue since she got there the day before I did.

This year, I got my buddy before I registered and entered her name. Her badge was mailed to me and then I had to mail it to her.

I suggest calling PPA tomorrow morning for clarification.

Chontelle

Amanda at PPA told me last week that I--as the primary registrant--would still have to pick up both passes for myself and my "buddy" at the registration desk--even though, yes, my e-mail receipt already includes him and he will have his ID pass waiting for him.

susanaheide
01-04-2010, 04:09 AM
Hmmmm... that could be problematic because I will only arrive on Sunday evening. I'll have to call PPA tomorrow and see if there's an easier way to do it. Thank you so much Chontelle, Heather and Kirk for taking the time to reply to my question. I appreciate your help!!

Susana

susanaheide
01-06-2010, 09:04 PM
This is the response I got from the people at ImagingUSA:

"Thank you for contacting Professional Photographers of America. If you would like to add a buddy to your Imaging USA registration, you can either send me their contact information, you can call that information into the Customer Service Center, or you can register your buddy on-site right at Imaging USA. If you would like to email me your buddies contact information, I would need their name, complete mailing address, studio name, work phone number, email address, and how they would like their name to appear on their badge. To call into the Customer Service Center, please dial 1-800-786-6277."

Hope it will help some of you who might have the same issue.

Susana Heide