PDA

View Full Version : Oh what to wear, what to wear?!

Christina_Showalter
01-01-2010, 07:39 PM
I was wondering if there are any events where we should dress up? ??:D

George_Hawkins
01-01-2010, 08:01 PM
Long range weather forecast is temps will not reach 40!

Back on subject: casual & comfortable, especially trade show comfortable footwear.
For awards, the degree recipients know who they are, and "dress". Many others also dress, but many in audience have remained casual.

Websites have images captured during the last Imaging.

ChontelleBrown
01-01-2010, 11:59 PM
Christina,
I'll be in jeans because that's what I normally wear. I'm just bummed I won't be able to wear flip flops. :)

Chontelle

Linda_Gregory
01-02-2010, 12:42 AM
If you don't like feeling underdressed, dress nicely for the ceremony and accompanying events that evening. I wore a nice dress the year I went to Tampa and would have felt strange being less formal and I'm normally a jeans person.

Christina_Showalter
01-02-2010, 03:04 AM
Thanks for the tips!

George, those temps don't sound fun to me! I'll be the one in 5 layers, I'm always cold.

Ashley_Short
01-02-2010, 03:14 AM
The center itself is supposed to be a set 72 degrees all year round. :) I probably won't be leaving to sight see much (I hear the place is huge w/ tons of stuff there) so I'm not too concerned about being cold.

Marc_Benjamin
01-02-2010, 04:39 AM
If you don't like feeling underdressed, dress nicely for the ceremony and accompanying events that evening. I wore a nice dress the year I went to Tampa and would have felt strange being less formal and I'm normally a jeans person.

I agree, it's nice to see (especially the ladies) dressing up for the evening functions. Would be especially nice to see girls in lbd's.

ChontelleBrown
01-02-2010, 12:40 PM
I don't own dress so I'll probably skip the closing night party. It will be a good night to stay in my room and digest all I have learned. It's a rare occasion for me to have time alone.

Christel
01-02-2010, 11:17 PM
Chontelle - Don't skip the closing night party because you don't have a dressy dress! The Award & Degree Ceremony participants and guests attend the closing party "dressed up" because we've just come from the ceremony - but the closing party is for all convention attendees - and that means come as you are!

We want everyone to celebrate the award and degree recipients - and to celebrate the end of Imaging USA 2010... so please... come to the closing party! (Last year, we had friends in tuxes and ball gowns dancing with friends in jeans and t-shirts! It's all about the fun!)

Cheers,
Christel

Christina_Showalter
01-03-2010, 11:39 PM
Thanks Christel for the clarification. Never have been at a convention I wasn't sure what was what. :D