PDA

View Full Version : Parking Fees

Lorrie_Kennedy
01-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Can anyone tell me what the parking fee is at Imaging? I will be driving in and need to know in advance. Thanks.

Christina_Showalter
01-01-2010, 06:03 PM
$9 I think, or maybe $18 if you are not staying at opryland....

imagingusa.org/hotels-travel/hotels/

Hey do you want to caravan with us on the way down on Saturday???

Ed_Sharp
01-01-2010, 11:21 PM
I just called the Gaylord and the man I spoke with said parking is $18 if you are not staying at the hotel and $9 for the IUSA guests staying at their hotel.
I thought I read somewhere that you just had to mention IUSA for the discount parking rate, but I must have misread that.

ChontelleBrown
01-01-2010, 11:51 PM
Glad to hear others are driving. I still haven't booked my flight because I'm undecided about whether to drive or fly. It's about an 8 hour drive for me.

Chontelle

KirkDarling
01-02-2010, 01:11 AM
Glad to hear others are driving. I still haven't booked my flight because I'm undecided about whether to drive or fly. It's about an 8 hour drive for me.

Chontelle

I've been making the 14-hour drive to my mother's home so often over the last 10 years that I don't even hesitate at an 8-hour drive. It would take me more than 8-hours, portal-to-portal, to get from my house to the hotel even if I flew...and I wouldn't have a car when I got there.

Lorrie_Kennedy
01-02-2010, 02:45 AM
It's an 8 hour drive for me and I definitely want a car to drive since I am not staying at Opryland Resort. I looked at a satellite image and found that the Opry Mill (Mall) is adjacent to the resort and that you can park there for nothing and walk over. Not sure how far that walk would be, but I suppose it is a possibility.

KirkDarling
01-02-2010, 04:27 AM
It does look like the north end of the mall parking is only about 300 feet from Opryland. it looks like it will take about a 500 foot walk to negotiate the clearly open gates of the fences between the mall and Opryland to a public entrance at Opryland.

That satellite photograph was taken about 10-11 in the morning, but there didn't look like a lot of cars near the northernmost gate by then. There was a solid line of cars parked in the very northernmost parking spaces, though.

Either that gate is open on that Opryland fence at that northern edge of the mall lot (where Opryland Drive and Music Valley Drive curve to within 50 feet of each other) that isn't apparent in the photograph, or those cars belong to mall employees who are required to park in the farthest spaces. It doesn't look open in the photograph, and it leads to a service area, so it may be for service vehicles only.

Cheri_MacCallum
01-02-2010, 08:49 PM
If you are not staying at the Gaylord itself, check with your hotel. Some hotels in the area offer complimentary shuttle service to the Gaylord.

Ed_Sharp
01-02-2010, 10:05 PM
There are a few already that have mentioned they are staying at the Hyatt, which has a shuttle to the convention center that starts at 7am. I wonder if we had enough people staying there if we could persuade them to have a shuttle ready to depart at 6:30am so we would be on time for the Sunday, Monday and Tuesday classes. The pre con stuff does not start until 9am, so those days would be no problem being on time.

Another idea could be to car pool and split the costs of the parking or to share taxis.
That $18 parking is hard to take.:eek:

Ed_Sharp
01-02-2010, 10:09 PM
I was just looking at the schedule again and Tuesday's classes don't start until 7:30 am while Sunday's and Monday's both start at 7am.

Stephanie_Cunningham
01-05-2010, 12:37 PM
I just called the Gaylord and the man I spoke with said parking is $18 if you are not staying at the hotel and $9 for the IUSA guests staying at their hotel.
I thought I read somewhere that you just had to mention IUSA for the discount parking rate, but I must have misread that.

I read that too somewhere in a thread. Guess I'll eat it for Saturday and take the shuttle after I check in down the road...
Steph

Rick_Massarini
01-05-2010, 06:10 PM
I read the same thing.

KirkDarling
01-05-2010, 06:46 PM
I read that too somewhere in a thread. Guess I'll eat it for Saturday and take the shuttle after I check in down the road...
Steph

I read that too, and unless it's normally $18 for Gaylord guests, it doesn't make sense to bother mentioning that you're there for Imaging if you're still going to pay the full amount.

Heather_L._Smith
01-05-2010, 07:04 PM
Keep in mind that the Gaylord is a HUGE hotel. It's not a 'normal' hotel by any means. I actually has a small river running through complete with waterfalls and animals, and numerous shops, restaurants, and meeting areas. If your hotel DOES offer a shuttle... TAKE it!! The parking lot is huge (like multiple-football-fields-huge), and if you come in on the opposite side of the building from where the classes are being held, you could easily have a 10-15 minute walk on your hands... assuming you don't get lost. Oh, and don't forget comfy shoes. :)

MClaiborne
01-07-2010, 04:30 PM
You can park in the Opry Mills Mall lots and take a shuttle from the Mall's food court over to Opryland Hotel. It's free unless they've changed something since I worked at the mall a few years back. The shuttle starts operation at 11:30am and picks up at Opry Mills 15 & 45min past the hour, so it won't help for the early classes but might be handy for taking a break back at your hotel or checking out the mall for a breather.

Here's some info about it:

The shuttle travels from Gaylord Opryland and the Radisson Hotel at Opryland to Opry Mills and back to Gaylord Opryland.
* Monday-Saturday 11:30 a.m.-7:45 p.m.
* Sunday 11:30 a.m.-7:00 p.m.

Departure Schedule
* 20 & 50 minutes Past the Hour: Departs Cascades Canopy for the Radisson Hotel at Opryland
* 25 & 55 Minutes Past the Hour: Departs Magnolia Canopy for the Radisson Hotel at Opryland
* 30 Minutes Past the Hour & On the Hour: Departs Radisson Hotel at Opryland
* 35 & 5 Minutes Past the Hour: Departs Cascades Canopy
* 40 & 10 Minutes Past the Hour: Departs Magnolia Canopy
* 15 & 45 Minutes Past the Hour: Departs Opry Mills Food Court