PDA

View Full Version : Does Full Convention = Back Stage Pass?

kdixon
12-28-2009, 06:47 PM
This is my first Imaging USA conference and I just want to make sure I'm fully prepared. I've received my conference badges and all say "Full Conference" on them. Yet, everywhere I look I see "get your back stage pass". Is this the same thing? Is there still a back stage pass I could acquire for special events?

Please advise!
Thanks so much~!
Kirsten Dixon
http://www.kirstendixonphotography.com

Rick_Massarini
12-28-2009, 08:18 PM
Apparently the term "Backstage Pass" is this years Nashville lingo for convention registration. There's not a lot of "backstage" stuff going on at the convention unless you're a convention volunteer who is working with the speakers to get things put things together before the speakers programs, an exhibitor who needs to get in early to set up their exhibit booth, or a member of the Print Crew who will be setting up and breaking down the print exhibit. If that's what you're interested in, just give Chrystel Aprigliano a call at PPA Headquarters and volunteer to be a convention worker.

Ed_Sharp
12-29-2009, 12:06 AM
Like Rick said, The "BackStage Pass" seems to be part of the Nashville Music theme and we all will be "back stage" with the photographic rock stars by attending.

IUSA did have a contest for a meet and greet, but I don't think that is what you were talking about.

What's Imaging USA's prize for Day 17 of the Imaging USA Rockstar Giveaway? Imaging USA Registration for 2 + the VIP Hook-up! Photographic Rockstars know that it's not only what you know, but who you know! Three days of rockin' education, fun, and shopping at Imaging USA and a personal introduction to one of the Imaging USA speakers of your choice after their presentation!

Rick_Massarini
12-29-2009, 03:27 AM
I tried registering for those daily giveaway "rockstar" prizes, but every time I entered the word at the end it told me that the security code was not being recognized. Did anyone else have that happen to them???

Betsy_Finn
12-29-2009, 04:02 AM
You have to hit back on your browser than then resubmit (with a freshly entered CAPTCHA).

Rick_Massarini
12-29-2009, 04:27 AM
I tried that - every time it comes back with a different word that you have to decipher - I put in that new word and every time it comes back with the same security code warning ... Maybe someone at HQ doesn't want me to enter...

Ed_Sharp
12-29-2009, 12:33 PM
Yeah, that contest entry form is tough. Like Betsy pointed out there is a definate glitch there. I always just accept that the first time I submit the form it will reject me and I hit the back button and try again with a new captcha. You have already tried that, but maybe if you could try it with a different web browser just to see if that would work.

cfl_photog
12-29-2009, 03:27 PM
I tried registering for those daily giveaway "rockstar" prizes, but every time I entered the word at the end it told me that the security code was not being recognized. Did anyone else have that happen to them???

Happens to me EVERY time... just do it again and it recognizes the second try.

George_Hawkins
12-29-2009, 11:22 PM
Same here: it recognizes my 2nd or 3rd attempt.....

Linda_Gregory
12-30-2009, 01:05 PM
At least it remembers your info. I've filled out forms like this only to have to fill in all the blanks yet again. REALLY not worth it.