PDA

View Full Version : parking at Opryland for convention only?

mooney101
12-28-2009, 05:57 PM
Is there available parking at opryland for the convention only? If so how much and can it handle the crowd so you don't have to worry about not getting parking spot and having to park elsewhere?

I'm debating staying at a nearby motel and just driving over and parking for the day since I'm driving to the convention but I know that these things can fill up on parking and just wonder if anyone has experience with the opryland convention center?

thanks

Ed_Sharp
12-28-2009, 06:19 PM
Gaylord guests get a discount on the parking, but have no experience with the capacity of the venue.
If you don't stay at the Gaylord the rate is $18 for self parking.

From Imaging USA 2010 Information sheet
http://imagingusa.org/documents/ImagingUSA_attendee_guide.pdf

PARKING
Special parking rates at a 50% discount have been negotiated for Imaging USA attendees at the Gaylord
Opryland…just mention “Imaging USA.”
�� $9.00 for self parking
�� $12.50 for valet parking (not including gratuity)
�� No charge for parking at the Radisson.

Cheri_MacCallum
01-03-2010, 12:49 AM
Check with your hotel, some hotels offer complimentary shuttle service to the Gaylord.

angeleyesphoto
01-04-2010, 10:13 PM
I found the majority of the hotels out there that were worth the difference to stay off site did not offer shuttles other than to the airport. If you find one could you post here. That would be ideal!

Cheri_MacCallum
01-04-2010, 10:54 PM
I found the majority of the hotels out there that were worth the difference to stay off site did not offer shuttles other than to the airport. If you find one could you post here. That would be ideal!

The Marriott Courtyard about a mile from the Gaylord.

mikenoble
01-05-2010, 01:34 AM
If you don't mind a little walk you can park for free over at Opry Mills and walk over. Park down by Dave and Busters at the North end of the mall and you can walk over to the hotel from there.

Jonathan_Brown
01-06-2010, 12:51 AM
We are staying at the Marriott Fairfield Inn near Opryland. Their shuttle is a flat fee of $10 but that is for your entire stay and you can take it as much as you want. Not a bad deal really.

Deby791
01-06-2010, 01:35 PM
but that info says Imaging USA ATTENDEES it does not indicate you have to be a guest. Has anyone from PPA Management confirmed this? Sorry if that is who you are Ed, just not been around long enough to know who is who!

Ed_Sharp
01-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Hi Debra,
I'm just an ordinary PPA member, no authority whatsoever. I called the Gaylord directly because I was also confused about the parking situation. The man I talked with at the Gaylord told me the discount rate was only for IUSA attendees that were staying at the hotel. You should call the Gaylord directly just to confirm that is the case. It is entirely possible that I was given incorrect information when I called, maybe that phone rep was not privy to all the information about IUSA. It couldn't hurt to ask.

Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center
Phone: 615-889-1000

www.GaylordOpryland.com (http://www.gaylordopryland.com/)

Ed_Sharp
01-07-2010, 02:48 PM
I am here from Imaging USA and I asked an official PPA administrative person about the parking. They checked with another PPA official and they gave me the definitive answer that the parking discount is only for guests of The Gaylord. From what I see of the parking situation you still may have some walking to do even from the parking lot to get to the convention area.