PDA

View Full Version : Who's Really Going and the OurPPA meetup@ Imaging '10

Marc_Benjamin
12-15-2009, 09:30 PM
Seems like a lot of us (I myself only really decided to go last week) are not gonna make it next year to the con.

I wonder who else is going and if you guys still wanna do our traditional Saturday evening (or whenever) get together at Imaging.

Here's a few images from years past.

http://www.ppa.com/community/forums/picture.php?albumid=2&pictureid=5

http://www.ppa.com/community/forums/picture.php?albumid=2&pictureid=12

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs118.snc1/5180_538955706395_11401593_31856297_4992153_n.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs118.snc1/5180_538955711385_11401593_31856298_2586655_n.jpg

Missy50
12-15-2009, 09:46 PM
I don't know. Do you get a pair of those fun glasses fm OTC?

Edited to say, being a newbe, I am prolly not included in that gathering... But the glasses look fun!

Charity_Reed
12-15-2009, 09:46 PM
I'm going and can't wait to meet some of my online buddies!!!

Cheri_MacCallum
12-15-2009, 09:59 PM
I'll be there.

Jeff_Dachowski
12-15-2009, 10:01 PM
I'll be there! Yay!

Betsy_Finn
12-15-2009, 10:01 PM
we're going.

Marc_Benjamin
12-15-2009, 10:37 PM
Did we wanna do something (drinks/dinner or whatever) on Saturday?

btw, any of us getting their degrees this year?

More images...

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1918/63/46/1273834755/n1273834755_30277464_6777.jpg

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs110.snc1/5094_112484130971_664895971_2794631_1883938_n.jpg

Ed_Sharp
12-15-2009, 10:52 PM
I will be there. Last year I stopped in very quick to the meet n greet, but didn't stay long enough to meet or to greet due to back problems I was having at the time.

Marc, was that you at the Hanson Fong seminar in Phoenix playing the role of Paparazi, leading the bride down the isle, right before the flow posing portion?

Heather_L._Smith
12-15-2009, 10:55 PM
Did we wanna do something (drinks/dinner or whatever) on Saturday?

btw, any of us getting their degrees this year?

I'll be there... and I'm GETTING A DEGREE!! (assuming, of course, that my nomination is approved... hahaha!)

Marc_Benjamin
12-15-2009, 11:50 PM
I will be there. Last year I stopped in very quick to the meet n greet, but didn't stay long enough to meet or to greet due to back problems I was having at the time.

Marc, was that you at the Hanson Fong seminar in Phoenix playing the role of Paparazi, leading the bride down the isle, right before the flow posing portion?

Yep that's me!

Joe_Campanellie
12-16-2009, 01:51 AM
Mary Jean and I will be coming. At the latest we'll be getting in on Saturday sometime. Still trying to figure if I can get there early enough in the week for the affiliate jurors pre convention class.

On Monday I will be receiving my Fellowship from the American Society of Photographers at their banquet

Tuesday night...Diamond POY for four loan prints and Imaging Excellence Medallion at the PPA Awards ceremony. Pretty big convention for me this year. Have the whole family coming in to help celebrate.

Rick_Massarini
12-16-2009, 02:04 AM
I'll be there.

Jeff_Dachowski
12-16-2009, 02:04 AM
Mary Jean and I will be coming. At the latest we'll be getting in on Saturday sometime. Still trying to figure if I can get there early enough in the week for the affiliate jurors pre convention class.

On Monday I will be receiving my Fellowship from the American Society of Photographers at their banquet

Tuesday night...Diamond POY for four loan prints and Imaging Excellence Medallion at the PPA Awards ceremony. Pretty big convention for me this year. Have the whole family coming in to help celebrate.
Joe,
I will be at both the judges class and the ASP banquet. THis year I am receiving a Regional medallion. I will be standing and clapping for you!!!
jeff

Rick_Massarini
12-16-2009, 02:20 AM
I'll be taking the judges class this year too. I'll be clapping for both of you at the ASP banquet.

Marc_Benjamin
12-16-2009, 02:30 AM
I'll be taking the judges class this year too. I'll be clapping for both of you at the ASP banquet.

If for some reason, I find "sponsorship" for that class, you guys know if there's still a spot open?

Jerry_W._Kelley
12-16-2009, 02:45 AM
I'll be driving in from Virginia on Sat. and staying to the end on Tues. My good buddy and boss, from way back when I first started in photography 46 years ago, will be getting the Lifetime Achievement award so I've got to be there!

Rick_Massarini
12-16-2009, 02:57 AM
If for some reason, I find "sponsorship" for that class, you guys know if there's still a spot open?

I just went to the Imaging PreCon class site and the only PreCon class that is listed as "SOLD OUT" is the three day Certification preparation class. So it looks like there may still be openings - but you probably should check with Chrystel to be be sure.

Cindi_K_McDaniel
12-16-2009, 03:42 AM
It's official, I'm coming too! Don't snap the dang picture without me!

Rose_Mary_Cheek
12-16-2009, 03:55 AM
I'm coming.... can't miss imaging, but I missed the picture last year.... was studying for CPP

Joe_Campanellie
12-16-2009, 04:08 AM
Jeff...congrats on the regional medallion. That's a very big honor!.That was for your album/book if I remember correctly?

Nashville will be very special. Not just for me...but really for my Mom. She hasn't done any real traveling for some 30 years but she really wanted to be there for this. My Dad was such a huge influence on my own career as a photographer. He was a photographer himself and taught me so much in those early days. Helped me set up my first darkroom and made sure I knew how to do the job right...the first time!

I never got the chance to tell my Dad I was working on this. He was really sick since last January and passed away just before all the deadlines for the Fellowship thesis and portfolio. I was ready to quit and put it off until next year. But...thanks to my wife and Bob Golding they really encouraged me to finish this...to honor my Dad.

So this will be a very special night for my Mom and my family. I can't think of anything better to honor the memory of my dad.

Jessica_Edwards
12-16-2009, 09:03 AM
Just found out a few days ago that I'll be at Imaging. Not sure if I've been around long enough to be in the cool kids' picture though. :)

Mark_Levesque
12-16-2009, 01:03 PM
Betsy and I will be there. And for the record, there's no seniority required to be in the group picture- only participation in the forum. So show up and meet the ourPPA peeps.

Oh, and I'll be getting a degree also, assuming I get approved.

Roger_Williams
12-16-2009, 01:30 PM
I thought I remember a post by Jack R. that Miller's was sponsoring a room for us to meet. Do I remember this wrong or is this post about a different meeting?:confused: I look forward to meeting everyone.

Ashley_Short
12-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Brian and I will be attending this year as well, but the meet and great will probably depend on how sore and swollen my prego feet will be. :P

Christina_Showalter
12-16-2009, 05:29 PM
We'll be there! It will be great to meet all of you :)

Marc_Benjamin
12-16-2009, 06:05 PM
As much as we can, we try to do one of the meet and greets (do we need an true official sanctioned one?) early before the start of the week.

Whatcha guys doing Sat (before/after the charities) evening?

Yes of course everyone is welcome! Oh and it's much much more fun if you come tipsy. If not we'll work on getting you there and beyond.

Erin_L._Clark
12-16-2009, 06:50 PM
by hell or high water- I will be there with bells on... somewhere on my body! ;0)

Marc_Benjamin
12-16-2009, 06:52 PM
by hell or high water- I will be there with bells on... somewhere on my body! ;0)

Time for the inaugural find the bells on ma body contest ey!

jim_heidorn
12-16-2009, 07:03 PM
My wife and I will be there again this year.

Here is the post from Gregory

OurPPA Forum Meet and Greet at Imaging USA
Sunday, January 10 from 7pm-8pm
Cheekwood F Room, Level M
(Note: this event will not take place in the Internet Cafe' this year.)

Sponsored by Miller's Professional Imaging

Forum members are invited to gather Sunday evening in the Cheekwood F room, level M of the Opryland resort. There will be softdrinks, coffee and light refreshments. Chat in person with your fellow forum members before heading over to the Rockin' Nashville welcome party sponsored by Canon.

Todd_Reichman
12-16-2009, 10:07 PM
Will be there Monday and Tuesday.

- trr

Cindi_K_McDaniel
12-16-2009, 11:29 PM
Hey Mark L... Congrats on the degree! I should be earning one myself this coming year, just couldn't get much done with the newest grandbaby coming and all! Mommy works for me so I kinda found myself short handed for a little while. I gotta get a pic of you with yours so I can have proof that I know you LOL... Then I can say "I knew him back when..."

George_Hawkins
12-16-2009, 11:49 PM
I am really trying to be present. A family member is trying to deal with medical issues.
I was in the outdoor Tampa Picture.
I missed Phoenix last year. I did go to both Austin and San Antonio, New Orleans, Atlantic City, Vegas, plus.

Michael_Gan
12-17-2009, 01:29 AM
See you all at least on Sunday evening at the OurPPA get together! This will be tough not having the digital Cafe handy....It's the only way we can talk to each other and socialize :D

Get your text messaging ready! LOL

Jack_Reznicki
12-17-2009, 01:35 AM
I'll be there.
Love Nashville and the Grand Ole Opry Hotel.
Looking forward to the convention. And finally, I'll have time to see some programs.

Erin_L._Clark
12-18-2009, 05:42 PM
Time for the inaugural find the bells on ma body contest ey!

lol.. reeeheallly?! d:p

Joe_Campanellie
12-18-2009, 07:10 PM
Jack...you won't know what to do with yourself with all that free time!

Enjoy yourself...!

wkennard
12-19-2009, 12:32 AM
I received my name tag today and made sure my wife was ok with me going.. I got the green light and I'm excited. It'll be my first time.

Rick_Massarini
12-19-2009, 12:48 AM
Now we just have to worry about the SNOW !!!!
UGH... I'm having San Antonio Flashbacks - only this one looks like it could be the San Antonio icestorm on steroids !!!
12-15 inches of snow predicted in some areas around there - pretty close to Nashville.
How are we gonna get to the convention if Nashville gets snowed in?
I'm from N'Awlins - we can't handle snow... I don't even want to think about trying to drive to Nashville in the snow

Joe_Campanellie
12-19-2009, 01:19 AM
That sure was mess in San Antonio...!

Arrived Saturday morning and went to dinner. By the time we came out the temperature had dropped some 20 degrees. The rest is history.

We could get up to 14". Couldn't happen at a worse time. Last weekend before Christmas. Lots of merchants are going to lose a lot of money because of this storm. Had a big corporate party to cover tomorrow night. Easy job and pays very well. Already canceled and re-scheduled for the day we are supposed to leave for St Lucia.

They can't handle snow in our area either. They figure they have an SUV so why can't they still drive 60mph down the road.

This what I worry about with Nashville. They can get bad weather there too. Have my family coming in for the ASP Fellowship presentation and party. Weather like this with the time schedule that everyone is on will really mess things up...and good.

Joe_Campanellie
12-19-2009, 01:28 AM
Question for Rick and Jeff...you both mentioned that you are attending the pre convention affiliate jurors class.

Are you staying at the Opryland Resort or did you find something close by and a little cheaper. Was thinking about trying to find something a little less expensive during that class.

Or...just splurge so my wife will have somewhere to hang out during the day. Have some painter images I want her to work on for our Maryland convention when we get back home.

Rick_Massarini
12-19-2009, 01:43 AM
Joe - see PM

Ed_Sharp
12-19-2009, 03:15 AM
Last year in Phoenix was my first and only IUSA so I got spoiled by the beautiful AZ weather. All this talk of snow makes me think I might bring a few extra layers of clothing as I am staying off site and will be doing some walking. I'll leave my snow shoes at home:p, but will make sure to be prepared for the worst.

From the blue imaging USA Information sheet:
WEATHER IN NASHVILLE
January's average temperature
High of 46
Low of 28

Marc_Benjamin
12-19-2009, 03:25 AM
...made sure my wife was ok with me going.. I got the green light and I'm excited...

Guess you didn't tell her about that "Find ma bells on ma body (Erin's) contest" lol

Soheil
12-19-2009, 03:46 AM
Hello all... I am fairly new to PPA and recently started checking out the forums here. I'll be attending Sun-Tues.

Soheil

Charity_Reed
12-19-2009, 05:26 PM
I haven't read all the replies, but I am hoping that the OurPPA group can meet Sunday or later. I won't be flying in until Sunday morning. I have a wedding Saturday.

Marc I belive asked about anyone earning degrees. I earned my CPP this year.

KirkDarling
12-21-2009, 01:52 AM
Planning on it.

Depends on whether my goatee is respectable by then.

Cindi_K_McDaniel
12-21-2009, 03:51 AM
Well I certainly hope it is Kirk, cause I'd really like to meet you! You have certainly inspired me from the first day I logged on to this forum.

ChontelleBrown
12-21-2009, 11:04 AM
I'll be there Sat - Wed.

Stephanie_Millner
12-21-2009, 12:13 PM
Geez, I leave the country for a week and this thread explodes! Yeah, I'll be there - with Erin. Sans bells. Provided we get a flight outta' here of course. :)
ETA: Also, getting my Cr. too - all things considered.

Kimberly_Hill
12-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Woohoo! I'll be there. Couldn't have earned my CPP without you guys. :)

reneeharris
12-22-2009, 01:50 AM
i will be there! can't wait!!

Marc_Benjamin
12-22-2009, 04:57 AM
Geez, I leave the country for a week and this thread explodes! Yeah, I'll be there - with Erin. Sans bells. Provided we get a flight outta' here of course. :)
ETA: Also, getting my Cr. too - all things considered.

Oh there you are, we thought the aliens kidnapped you or something. You and Erin staying at that ultra expensive Opryland resort lol.

Ginger_M_Saucier
12-22-2009, 08:05 PM
I'm booking my room tonight!

Jeff_Dachowski
12-22-2009, 09:50 PM
Oh there you are, we thought the aliens kidnapped you or something. You and Erin staying at that ultra expensive Opryland resort lol.
Marc,
Where are you staying?
Jeff

Marc_Benjamin
12-22-2009, 11:00 PM
Marc,
Where are you staying?
Jeff

At that almost $200/night no miles/no perks "resort" lol. Ah we'll be missing those evening receptions w/ free booze at the Embassy suites!

How about you guys?

KirkDarling
12-22-2009, 11:23 PM
I put in a Priceline bid for $50 a night, and the Hyatt Opryland took it.

Cheri_MacCallum
12-22-2009, 11:27 PM
We're staying at the Marriot down the street on points.

Michael_Gan
12-22-2009, 11:35 PM
Book fast! Opryland is sold out. So far, this one looks to be bigger than Tampa.

Jeff_Dachowski
12-23-2009, 12:21 AM
At that almost $200/night no miles/no perks "resort" lol. Ah we'll be missing those evening receptions w/ free booze at the Embassy suites!

How about you guys?
Hey Marc,
We are at the host hotel as well. I am going in blind at this point because I dont know the area at all, and really dont want to be 7 blocks from the convention, so I guess I will pony it up. If anyone from the board is listening.....The host hotel is too expensive, and they have a ton of add on fees that feel like a sham at best.

Jeff

Michael_Gan
12-23-2009, 12:47 AM
hehe, bug the new board nominee:D She is the current Convention chair:)

Ed_Sharp
12-23-2009, 03:58 AM
I put in a Priceline bid for $50 a night, and the Hyatt Opryland took it.

Thanks for the tip about Priceline Kirk, I just used them to Book Hyatt Place Opryland@ $51 per night(I don't know if that is the same place you mentioned). I had reserved Days Inn for about the same price, but this is a nice upgrade .
I also used Priceline to rent a car for only $13 a day = 7 days $154 including taxes. I think parking at the convention center is more than the daily rate for the car.:eek:

KirkDarling
12-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the tip about Priceline Kirk, I just used them to Book Hyatt Place Opryland@ $51 per night(I don't know if that is the same place you mentioned). I had reserved Days Inn for about the same price, but this is a nice upgrade .

Yes, it's the same place. Maybe they're worried about their January bookings?

John_Pacetti
12-23-2009, 04:31 PM
i'll be there, should be fun

Christina_Showalter
12-23-2009, 07:49 PM
I'm glad to hear we aren't the only ones staying off site! We got a Days Inn for $50 a night. not bad! And it is only .7 miles away.

I am hoping we don't get snow either since we are driving and the only way to get there is interstate 81! We just had over two feet of snow here!

Hey Steff, it will be good to see you again :)

Missy50
12-23-2009, 10:31 PM
I had booked on site. And was going to worry about a roomie later. A gal I know locally asked if we could room together... Then later on said the room expense was a tad steep (steep for me too) and suggested we look elsewhere. After reading about others getting rooms through priceline I thought I would give it a shot.

I bid for a room in a zone by the convention center and got one at the Hyatt Place for just under $320.00 for 4 nights w/cancelation insurance. Less than 2 nights at the Gaylord and a few stop lights away.

Stephanie_Millner
12-24-2009, 09:50 AM
Ha - yeah, staying at Opryland but we're in like 6 to a room or something crazy. It started out as just me and Liz, and then it grew exponentially. We're (as in, Erin & me) are flying from Naples to Norfolk, bussing it to Arlington, and then driving down to Nashville. All just to see Marc B. with bells on. :)

Ed_Sharp
12-30-2009, 03:06 AM
The IUSA luggage tags from Marathon Press arrived today:D

Rick_Massarini
12-30-2009, 03:35 AM
Ha - yeah, staying at Opryland but we're in like 6 to a room or something crazy. It started out as just me and Liz, and then it grew exponentially. We're (as in, Erin & me) are flying from Naples to Norfolk, bussing it to Arlington, and then driving down to Nashville. All just to see Marc B. with bells on. :)

Well, it sounds like we now know where the OurPPA get together is going to be held - in Steff, and Liz and Erin, (and Marc's??) room...
Somebody better bring a fish for the group photo...

Erin_L._Clark
12-30-2009, 10:37 AM
Well, it sounds like we now know where the OurPPA get together is going to be held - in Steff, and Liz and Erin, (and Marc's??) room...
Somebody better bring a fish for the group photo...

Marc better have his own room- I think there's six women in that room right now! :p

Tss1203
12-30-2009, 01:20 PM
We will be staying at the Hyatt as well :) Just booked last night. This will be our first time attending, so we are pretty excited.

So it sounds like we need a party at the Hyatt, haha!

Missy50
12-30-2009, 02:02 PM
We will be staying at the Hyatt as well :) Just booked last night. This will be our first time attending, so we are pretty excited.

So it sounds like we need a party at the Hyatt, haha!

I think we could walk from the Hyatt Place if we really wanted, but my roomie say "I'm not walk'in!" LOL! I think they have coffee and snacks sitting out around the clock.

KirkDarling
12-30-2009, 03:16 PM
I think we could walk from the Hyatt Place if we really wanted, but my roomie say "I'm not walk'in!" LOL! I think they have coffee and snacks sitting out around the clock.

Looking at Google's satellite view, it doesn't look like a convenient walk--short as the crow flies, but somewhat winding on the ground.

Missy50
12-30-2009, 05:04 PM
Looking at Google's satellite view, it doesn't look like a convenient walk--short as the crow flies, but somewhat winding on the ground.

I stayed at the Sheridton (sp) a few years ago. It is near there and a similar layout. This same friend that I am rooming with and I went to a seminar at Opryland last winter. She keeps reminding me of the 'layout of the land'. I keep reminding her of how wired I get if I do not get exercise...

KirkDarling
12-30-2009, 05:15 PM
I stayed at the Sheridton (sp) a few years ago. It is near there and a similar layout. This same friend that I am rooming with and I went to a seminar at Opryland last winter. She keeps reminding me of the 'layout of the land'. I keep reminding her of how wired I get if I do not get exercise...

You should be able to get in enough running between events....

Ed_Sharp
12-30-2009, 07:59 PM
I called the Hyatt and was told that they have a shuttle that runs to the expo center, but it does not start until 7am and ends at 10pm.

Complimentary shuttle to and from the airport and Gaylord Resort & Convention Center (7:00am-10:00pm)

Tss1203
12-31-2009, 02:06 AM
well, DH and I will have our car, so anyone is more than welcome to ride from the hotel to the conference with us :)

Missy50
12-31-2009, 02:43 AM
My roomie and I will both have our cars w/ us. I am hoping mine will be loaded down for the ride home.... ;-)

Tss1203
12-31-2009, 03:44 AM
oh goodie! I'm so grateful to be able to drive where ever I want. I hate being on vacation w/o a car ;)

KirkDarling
12-31-2009, 11:45 AM
Those of us at the Hyatt might want to find a way to coordinate a bit. There appear to be a number of people and a number of cars, but at the same time, we're going to be splitting up at the event itself. Maybe we could meet at the hotel dining room or someplace on Saturday night and do some schedule-sharing and number-sharing.

Ed_Sharp
12-31-2009, 12:55 PM
That Sounds like a good idea Kirk, it looks like we are building a strong OurPPA beach head at the Hyatt.

mrbarton
01-01-2010, 03:15 PM
I don't post to much around here by I'm coming in on Saturday night. Driving. Getting two degrees and clapping for everything else. My Wife is coming down for the first time. She gets to experience the ASP Banquet and will be placing a tri-colored ribbon around my neck. I'm going to have her help me mooch for judging gigs for the PEC review board! Ha. Safety in numbers.

Lorrie_Kennedy
01-01-2010, 03:54 PM
I am going to be there. I am driving in Saturday early and will be there until Wednesday. My first one ever and I can't wait! I will be alone, so can someone please show me the ropes? I don't want to be a wall flower! :D

Christina_Showalter
01-01-2010, 06:07 PM
Any one staying at the Days Inn?? I thought we'd walk but maybe not!

George_Hawkins
01-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Someone asked about staying at Marriott.

CM, I was asked by friend if I wanted to room share at Fairfield Marriott for 10th-13. I'd like to stay for the Tim Kelly seminar Wednesday and arrive Friday, to be ready for Saturday or Sunday morning.
Anyone have "plans" for Saturday or Saturday evening? Looking for suggestions!!!

Christina_Showalter
01-02-2010, 03:02 AM
George, we are going to Tim's workshop too!!

Tss1203
01-02-2010, 01:07 PM
Those of us at the Hyatt might want to find a way to coordinate a bit. There appear to be a number of people and a number of cars, but at the same time, we're going to be splitting up at the event itself. Maybe we could meet at the hotel dining room or someplace on Saturday night and do some schedule-sharing and number-sharing.

That sounds like a great idea Kirk!

Joe_Galioto
01-02-2010, 02:22 PM
i didn't see anything scheduled on wednesday, what's with the tim kelly program?
must have missed it.
joe

Sandra_Pearce
01-02-2010, 06:53 PM
Haven't been on in a while but I will be there Saturday through Wednesday. Will be getting my Craftsman Degree. Hope to reconnect with my friends. Will check back to see where we are meeting.

Marc_Benjamin
01-02-2010, 07:21 PM
Haven't been on in a while but I will be there Saturday through Wednesday. Will be getting my Craftsman Degree. Hope to reconnect with my friends. Will check back to see where we are meeting.

Well welcome back and congrats on the degree.

Elizabeth_Pokela
01-02-2010, 11:46 PM
I'm coming! I'll be driving in Wednesday and leaving the following Wednesday. I'm doing some Business and Financial Management class Thursday, and the Seniors thing Fri-Sat. pre-con. I'm staying at the Gaylord, but after reading all these posts, I'm rethinking the Hyatt. I usually stay away from the host hotel (often the Hyatt) just to have a break from the crowds, and I have Hyatt points to use. But my ankle's still an issue, so I thought being onsite might be better. It is way expensive though with that add-on daily fee, special tax, and parking! I may switch back to the Hyatt. I will be traveling in my van so if people need a car, feel free to ask me for mine. I went to college nearby, and have family in the area, too. I hope it doesn't snow :( I want to spend a half-day or so road tripping to my old haunts in rural TN--

My husband and local friends are not coming this year, so I hope to see y'all around a little more.

Congrats to all those CPP and awards/degree winners!

Elizabeth

Julie_Poole
01-03-2010, 07:54 PM
I'll be there Saturday afternoon too. I am only in Knoxville, so, not at all far :)

Missy50
01-03-2010, 08:40 PM
I am driving up Saturday. Staying thru Wed.
Will be in Sandi Puc's workshop Saturday afternoon.

JeffPennell
01-06-2010, 03:27 AM
We'll be there. A buddy and I are driving in on Saturday and staying at the Hyatt. Looking forward to my first Imaging USA experience. Should be fun.

Joe_Galioto
01-06-2010, 03:56 PM
ok i'm getting myself in a nashville frame of mind.
i have patsy cline playing on the ipod as i take down the studio christmas decor.
got the boots ready to pack - i'm psyched!
joe

Marc_Benjamin
01-06-2010, 06:33 PM
How about the the hat?

Mike_Dill
01-06-2010, 06:43 PM
I'm going on Thursday. Taking the SMS classes on Friday and Saturday.

katrinawheeler
01-06-2010, 06:55 PM
Any one staying at the Days Inn?? I thought we'd walk but maybe not!

Hey Christina, I'm staying there, was thinking I was the only one!! I have one roomie already, do you have a roomate? We could add a couple more if we had interested girls, save more money :)

I hate that they don't have a freaking shuttle...walking is cold right now.. i called around to other hotels to see about using their shuttles and they said no only guests of hotel, they mentioned yellow cab only charges like five bucks..

Marc_Benjamin
01-06-2010, 07:00 PM
We could add a couple more if we had interested girls, save more money :)

Sounds like a party waiting to happen!

Joe_Galioto
01-06-2010, 07:12 PM
ok mark,
i'll pachk the 10 gallen hat for you amusement.
joe

deaconfor_now
01-06-2010, 07:45 PM
I'll be there Saturday-Tuesday.

Marc_Benjamin
01-06-2010, 08:55 PM
ok mark,
i'll pachk the 10 gallen hat for you amusement.
joe

Oh and don't forget the hubcap size buckle!

Ed_Sharp
01-06-2010, 09:00 PM
If anybody happens to ask you how to get to the Grand Ol Opry, you know the standard one word answer.......................
............................Practice:D

Joe_Galioto
01-06-2010, 11:15 PM
encrusted with genuine faux turquoise stones.

KirkDarling
01-07-2010, 12:03 AM
encrusted with genuine faux turquoise stones.

Now, are you serious or are you going to leave me dressed like that by myself?

Joe_Galioto
01-07-2010, 12:59 AM
no problem kirk wear the chaps with the fringes.

Sandra_Pearce
01-07-2010, 02:00 AM
Marc,

I actually have all that stuff. Remember I am Okeechobee and it is a cowboy town. Maybe I should wear my boots, jeans, hat and buckle. It is the everyday dress here.

Sandra

Michael_Gan
01-07-2010, 03:56 AM
<<<believes in the "no hat tour" although, come to think of it, I think I have my 80x Resistol somewhere around here....anyway, brought my suthin/ bow tie, just in case (should wear my ropers with it, lol. Yeeeehaw

Marc_Benjamin
01-07-2010, 05:22 AM
Hey, I'm serious about the hat

Here's me at one of the old cons with my weston in Texas.

http://www.kickstep.com/ppa/imaging07/IMG_0097.jpg

wkennard
01-07-2010, 10:06 AM
Guess you didn't tell her about that "Find ma bells on ma body (Erin's) contest" lol

I totally left that part out..lol

MClaiborne
01-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Hi, I'm new here... and not an official PPA member :( . I'm a Nashville native and a member of the Student Photographic Society, but their forums are dead. This is my first Expo so I'm excited, but intimidated too, not sure what to expect but I hope it's a blast.

KirkDarling
01-07-2010, 07:00 PM
I'm a Nashville native and a member of the Student Photographic Society,

We like you, too.

Marc_Benjamin
01-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Hi, I'm new here... and not an official PPA member :( . I'm a Nashville native and a member of the Student Photographic Society, but their forums are dead. This is my first Expo so I'm excited, but intimidated too, not sure what to expect but I hope it's a blast.

I used to be SPS. It tends to be fun (depends on which volunteer batch/group) and some of us continue on to become full time photographers. Are you volunteering?

Betsy_Finn
01-07-2010, 07:29 PM
I used to be SPS as well :) Good way to transition!

Christina_Showalter
01-07-2010, 07:39 PM
Katrina, I am sharing my room with my awesome husband! ;) But maybe we can walk together or something. I don't know the lay of the land yet....

Hey Christina, I'm staying there, was thinking I was the only one!! I have one roomie already, do you have a roomate? We could add a couple more if we had interested girls, save more money :)

I hate that they don't have a freaking shuttle...walking is cold right now.. i called around to other hotels to see about using their shuttles and they said no only guests of hotel, they mentioned yellow cab only charges like five bucks..

MClaiborne
01-07-2010, 08:02 PM
I used to be SPS. It tends to be fun (depends on which volunteer batch/group) and some of us continue on to become full time photographers. Are you volunteering?

Unfortunately I won't be volunteering due to lack of time on my part. It seems like a pretty cool way to meet new people, but I'm an adult student with a family to keep tame at home as well. I owe the hubby big time for sparing me enough time to hit up the classes I'm interested in this week :p

Don_Chick
01-07-2010, 11:17 PM
I have been MIA lately... but

I'll be there on Saturday to teach a Pre-Con program. Also, attending the Awards Banquet on Tuesday for a POY and IEA.

Keith_A_Howe
01-08-2010, 12:13 AM
Help!

For anyone going to IUSA in Nashville. There is a shortage of crew thanks to several people being pulled away for other things. Jim Dingwell needs help setting up the print show. If you are available and willing to help text or leave a voicemail to Rick Massarini at 504-388-8113. Rick is in the Judging Class so he will not be able to answer imeadately but will get your contact info forwarded. Thanks
Keith

Michael_Gan
01-08-2010, 04:57 AM
Brrrrrrrr, It's cold for Californian standards! But here and this place is overwelmingly awesome! Looking forward to see all of your here!

We're staying in the Delta section 4th floor with a great view of everything. Way cool, way cool!

Ginger_M_Saucier
01-08-2010, 07:17 PM
We are on our way! Where do we meet you guys?

Marc_Benjamin
01-08-2010, 11:28 PM
It is freaking cold.

I'm here but I'm totally off site (change plans, flew in a day early) at the moment but will be at the Opry starting tomorrow.

Anyone up for a late lunch? Ring me up at 707.529.9385

Joe_Galioto
01-09-2010, 12:23 AM
sitting at the airport gate, soon should be in the air.
see you all tomorrow.
Joe

KirkDarling
01-09-2010, 01:09 AM
The Hyatt Place people are going to meet Saturday night at the Guest Kitchen, 8:00.