PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of Help Portrait?

Linda_Gregory
11-05-2009, 06:41 PM
I just got hit up with this (http://www.help-portrait.com/) and wanted to know if anyone else was involved or had heard of them.

I would love to hear experiences and thoughts on the idea.

Stan_Lawrence
11-05-2009, 07:36 PM
I would think there are better ways to do this.... you might want to contact your local Salvation Army (or similar charity) if this is something you really want to do. :cool:

Linda_Gregory
11-05-2009, 07:41 PM
I do the Salvation Army Family images for their Christmas party every year..the families that are there over the holidays get an 8x10 print. I don't know why someone felt I should do this, too. Just wanted to know if it's worthwhile..could send others there.

Tss1203
11-06-2009, 04:43 PM
I went to the site and it seems like a nice idea. NO, it really isn't giving to a charity but it is about 'paying it forward'. Might be something i would be interested in participating in.

Erin_L._Clark
12-07-2009, 11:58 AM
just ran across this today- think it's a great idea. Is anyone participating on Dec. 12?

http://www.help-portrait.com/

Linda_Gregory
12-07-2009, 01:23 PM
There is a huge group here doing it but I won't be involved...it's a Saturday before Christmas and as the owner of both a prolab and a studio, that's an impossible date.

Thursday evening is my Salvation Army commitment so I have decided to not be involved with the other one.

Erin_L._Clark
12-08-2009, 05:13 PM
you scared me Linda- though you were saying THIS Sat. is the Sat. before Christmas = NOT READY!! ---- I can't participate on the 12th- already booked for the day.While I like the idea- I do feel like I GIVE all the time- year round so doing it ONE day out of the year with other photographers is only nice because everyone else is doing it at the same time.

Linda_Gregory
12-08-2009, 06:26 PM
Erin, I agree. I WOULD like to be involved for selfish reasons tho...it's great publicity if the local news media catches wind of it...which they might.