View Full Version : a few for CC

11-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Okay, gulp. Here are a few images I may consider for print competition. I'm having a hard time choosing stuff b/c I just can't seem to find anything that I think is 'good enough'. Even after reading thru the '12 Elements of a Merit Print' I'm having a heck of a time knowing what to choose! So I'm going to post my images a few at a time.

I need some nice, gentle CC on these........ I know, I know, I should be a big girl and just take it, but I'm pretty sensitive, lol. I'm not always the best at putting myself out there but I need to get over it :)

I have not an inkling as to titles or presentation and I haven't really touched up hair, etc . Right now I'm more concerned with whether these are good choices or if I need to keep looking. I have a few more images that are debatable to me so I'll probably post those in a separate thread.

I have my own commentary written about what I like and what I can fix, but I wanted to see what others thought first ;)

11-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the phone call, Hope it helped. I realize that talking on the phone doesn't help others reading this but it sure saved me time. Good Luck.

11-05-2009, 04:11 PM
Thank you so much Keith! It was very nice talking to you :) I think taking the jump of opening myself up for critique has given me some courage, hooray!

I'm going to make the few changes you suggested and then post again.

11-09-2009, 02:53 PM
Okay Keith, here are the corrected images. I'm going to scrap the one of the bride completely. I think it may lack impact. I love certain things about it, but that is b/c I was there so I remember how the image came together :)

I think it finally clicked in my head on what could work and I'm going to go with my gut on what images to use. I have a couple others that I may submit as well, so we'll see.

The image of Andy may not be my strongest image but I feel like he has a very intriguing look.
Any suggestions on how do I present these?

And again, thanks to you and Holly for your help!

11-13-2009, 06:20 PM
From the PM it looks like you have already printed. Sorry it has been hectic here. Good luck!

11-14-2009, 12:50 AM
it's okay Keith, I didn't realize how close I was to being out of time.

Hopefully these will be okay :)