PDA

View Full Version : Local Affiliates

Kevin_Oriley
04-10-2006, 03:26 PM
Does any one here know anything about local affiliates in Missouri? It looks like there are 4 different ones that I could join, and I'm just trying to get a weigh in about them.

I e-mailed the "main guy" (not sure about titles yet) for two of them but have not gotten a response back.

Also, even if you don't know about the affiliates in MO, what would be the benefit for joining one, other than print competitions?

Thanks,
Kevin

Buster_Evans
04-10-2006, 03:46 PM
Try this one:
http://www.ppozarks.net/

dana_nordlund
04-13-2006, 01:35 PM
Greetings Kevin,

I live in southwestern NY, so I don't know much about MO. As far as the benefits of joining any affiliate goes, I say find one close to you that has monthly meetings. This is worth every penny because you get to share ideas with other photographers, learn some new things and build a priceless network of working professionals. Every time I attend our meetings, I try to take at least one thing from that speaker and apply it to my business. So my advise to you is JOIN, JOIN and JOIN :D because membership does have it's privileges :cool:

D._Craig_Flory
04-13-2006, 03:21 PM
I totally agree with Dana. I have been a member of Professional Photogs. of Pennsylvania since 1978 and get a lot out of the 10 days of programs every year.

Dana belongs to a good group ... SNAPP. I taught Photoshop there and they are a great bunch of people.

D. Craig Flory PPA Certified, Cr.Photog., ASP
floryphotog@mindspring.com

Kevin_Oriley
04-13-2006, 05:31 PM
Thanks you guys, that helps a lot. I have been studying the ppa for a while and joined that and the wppi, hopeing to learn something and improve my business; guess the next step would be to join an affiliate so I can have more contact with other photographers.

thanks again,
Kevin

dana_nordlund
04-14-2006, 11:35 PM
"I taught Photoshop there and they are a great bunch of people.

D. Craig Flory PPA Certified, Cr.Photog., ASP"

We always try to get the best presenters for our meetings :cool: Craig rocks when it comes to teaching Photoshop. He even drove about 6 or 7 hours to do it.

Jim_Lersch
04-26-2006, 01:16 PM
Hi Kevin,

I'm glad that somebody sent you a link to PP of the Ozarks. I'm on the Board of Directors and I invite you to join. I'd say that the number one reason to join is EDUCATION. We have one of the friendliest associations that I've ever seen, everyone is willing to share their knowledge. We've evn got Kirk Voclaon coming in to do an all day seminar this October. We have members from Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas and Oklahoma too so you'll even learn from others in different areas. Just go to http://www.ppozarks.net for more info!

Jackie_Haggerty
04-26-2006, 04:50 PM
Jim,

Do you see Illinois ever being included?

Linda_Gregory
05-01-2006, 04:13 AM
I agree with the PPOK being one of the friendliest and most helpful groups around! I haven't attended many but that group really seems to work well together. Lots of comraderie, letting you know if you have a problem, there'll be plenty of people there to help you.

The price of joining a local association is really minimal for all you get if you put forth the effort to become involved and attend.