PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on how to price out job

AlexandraPhoto
09-16-2009, 09:47 PM
Hello, I am new here and was hoping I could get some professional advice. I am just starting out as a professional photographer and just got my first potential new client. This is a retirement community that is looking to get photos for their marketing department. Its a 2 day job (3.5 hours each day, so 7 hours total). They need candid photos of their community as well as photos of their staff. Currently they only need a high rez CD of the photos so their printing and web design company can use it for their new website, brochures, company photo album. Any ideas as to how I should price this out?

Marc_Benjamin
09-16-2009, 10:33 PM
1-10 staff members (all in the same sitting) at $60/head
11-25 staff members (all in the same sitting) at $50/head
26-50 staff members (all in the same sitting) at $40/head

Candid photos of community (btw, these often turn out to include interiors, facilities and buildings) I would do at $750-1k

-----------
Though it's unlikely that that retirement community can do those rates just because they're even trying to get bids from people who are starting out.

Get what you can!

Ron_Jackson
09-17-2009, 12:00 AM
I would first price it by the hour and include everything. Then I would wrap the whole thing in a total package price that would include all images on a CD with a set of corresponding proof sheets. When you do it this way, you must be clear on what the total includes and that any extras they add after the fact will result in additional fees based on your hourly rate. This keeps the quote very clear and simple.