PDA

View Full Version : Really, Really Important intergalactic photo competition

Jeff_Dachowski
08-06-2009, 04:05 PM
This is a call for entries for the RRIIPC that will be happening in my living room at some point in the future. Forget all those other important photo competitions. This one is more important because there are not one, but two "really's " in front of the name!

The entry fees range from $65-$1200 depending on my mood at the time.

Rules: All entries become my property to do with as I see fit. Once per year you will be allowed to display your image ( which is now mine) for your own personal benefit. Any financial benefits though will be paid directly to the RRIIPC.

There will be a cash prize, and dont forget, you can tell all your friends that you won a contest. In fact everyone who enters will be declared the grand prize winner.

Hope to see your entries soon.

Marc_Benjamin
08-06-2009, 04:07 PM
Can we enter "fine art" nudes? oh with like massive flare with a pure "photojournalistic" look?

Jeff_Dachowski
08-06-2009, 04:37 PM
Can we enter "fine art" nudes? oh with like massive flare with a pure "photojournalistic" look?

Yes you can! I can gurantee that you will be a RRIIPC Grand Prize winner!!

Keith_A_Howe
08-06-2009, 06:42 PM
I have sent you two prints, a family portrait and an eagle. Oops, actually three if you include the Bunny Trail print (which in my opinion was some of my finest work, maybe I should post it here to get opinions?) and I have yet to recieve any grand prize awards. I think this contest is rigged.

Keith

Betsy_Finn
08-06-2009, 06:59 PM
Keith, I saw the bunny trail print. I bet it takes all the honors lol :p

D._Craig_Flory
08-06-2009, 07:37 PM
With a post like this, I think you should have been wearing your star sunglasses while typing. LOL

Heather_L._Smith
08-06-2009, 07:43 PM
I was going to try to be witty and say something about how I could actually, finally, win the same awards as Keith in a print competition... maybe even beat him, but decided against it. Oh, wait... I guess I just did. That was way funnier in my head.

I think I've run out of Diet Dr. Pepper.

Jeff_Dachowski
08-07-2009, 03:28 AM
Keith,
Congratulations!! I did in fact recieve your three submissions: Adonis by little bunny lane, The most beautiful family in the world, and The Canary.

I am so pleased to tell you that we have decided to accept all three of your entries in to the RRIIPC non travelling Loan Collection.

Please be advised though that you cannot publicize this distinct honor until your entry fee of $3600 is recieved. Please dont allow this honor to pass by.

Jeff Dachowski
Director, RRIIPC

Keith_A_Howe
08-07-2009, 03:34 AM
Jeff, I will remit my entry fee post haste once I recieve payment for accounts recievable from my other businesss NELLS - New England Lawn Leveling Services. My only client is a deadbeat and I am having a heckava time collecting.

Keith

Jeff_Dachowski
08-07-2009, 03:38 AM
Jeff, I will remit my entry fee post haste once I recieve payment for accounts recievable from my other businesss NELLS - New England Lawn Leveling Services. My only client is a deadbeat and I am having a heckava time collecting.

Keith

Mr Howe,
Poor accounting proceedures from your shell company does not constiute special treatment from the RRIIPC. I am certain your credit card company does not care about your accounts recievable.

Jeff Dachowski

Keith_A_Howe
08-07-2009, 04:23 AM
In that case I'll write you a check . . . that will be just as legit as RRIIPC.

Rick_Massarini
08-07-2009, 04:40 AM
When we receive our check for our prize money, will it be in excess of the amount that we will actually be winning and will we have to send our check for the overage back to your special bank located in the Ivory Coast?

Jeff_Dachowski
08-07-2009, 10:52 AM
Hey...
Why all the hostility? I have nurtured this competition from the ground up. I have taken this baby and raised it by my own blood, sweat and tears.

I am offering this really, really important competition with fees that barely allow me to keep my Lotus for you!

How dare you question which off shore bank, and in which county I will deposit my winnings, uhm your winnings, uhm I mean entrance fees. Please keep in mind that this is really, really important. Let's show a bit of respect please??

Jeff

Angela_Lawson
08-07-2009, 03:05 PM
Hey Jeff, can entries be submitted digitally? lol Thanks for the laugh today guys!!!

Angela

Jeff_Dachowski
08-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Angela,
Yes we can accept Digital entries. We are forward thinking you know! I will be viewing them on my color calibrated telephone.

Don_Chick
08-07-2009, 08:18 PM
What are the requirements for submission? Does it have to be client work? Can they be self assignments? Can I include class assignments?

I'll just send you my eye-phone full of files and you pick the image, ok?

Betsy_Finn
08-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Don, didn't you read the fine print? No entries/cases will returned... guess Jeff will be happily playing with a new iPhone after he picks your entries!

Heather_L._Smith
08-07-2009, 09:17 PM
I have taken this baby and raised it by my own blood, sweat and tears.

I could've sworn we JUST saw a thread with photographic evidence that the Steve & Betsy Finn were actually providing the blood, sweat, and tears?

Don_Chick
08-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Don, didn't you read the fine print? No entries/cases will returned... guess Jeff will be happily playing with a new iPhone after he picks your entries!

Betsy, I don't need it back... I buy them by the case-full and hand them out instead of business cards. That way people have a slide-show of my images and they are programmed to only dial my business number.

Ron_Jackson
08-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Jeff can I just submit the entry fees but not submit prints?

KirkDarling
08-08-2009, 10:50 PM

Shhh. Just tell them it's your portrait of Benjamin Franklin.

Stan_Lawrence
08-08-2009, 11:12 PM
Mr. Dostoyevsky, although I've always enjoyed your novels, this picture contest thing just seems to go against the whole russian revolutionary thing.... especially viewing them on a portable iphone communicator. 3G or not, I think everyone should be awarded an iphone, along with a new swimming pool. You'll find entries will increase dramatically. :cool:

Keith_A_Howe
08-09-2009, 03:38 PM

Ron, No you can't do that with Jeff's contest, but you can with mine. The RRRIIPC ( I have one more really then Jeff nah nah na nah nah!!!!!) I suggest you start sending entry fees right away. Enter as often as you would like. The more entry fees you send me, the better your odds of winning!

Keith

Keith_A_Howe
08-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Shhh. Just tell them it's your portrait of Benjamin Franklin.

So Ron photographed Benjie? Jeesh! I knew Ron was an old guy but I didn't realize . . .

Keith

Ron_Jackson
08-09-2009, 03:53 PM
One of my earliest portraits. I wish I had registered it with the copyright office so I could collect royalties on each printing but there wasn't any copyright office at the time. There was only a copyright shed but I couldn't find it. I am sending my entry fees now to Keith because he said so.