PDA

View Full Version : Question

ErinnA
07-22-2009, 09:03 PM
I had a print merit in the international comp... will i get to see what the judges said about it?
Thanks!

Michael_Gan
07-22-2009, 10:49 PM
Only if you paid the extra fee to have a critique done. If you did, the critique should be ready to view.

D._Craig_Flory
07-23-2009, 06:20 PM
Hi Erinn;

If you did not pay for the critique I have some suggestions: #1 if you belong to the Guild of the Delaware Valley take the image to the next meeting & seek out Masters for a critique. (if you don't belong - join) #2 I don't see your name in the PPAofPa directory so I suggest that you join OR come to a meeting for free as the guest of a member & do the same as above. http://ppaofpa.org/home.php We have a lot of members from near Philly. Our next meeting is October 4th & 5th. Please let me know if you want any more info. (Oh ... I am the certification liaison for Pennsylvania when you are ready to go for certification)

Keith_A_Howe
07-27-2009, 01:45 PM
Erinn
If you go to IUSA and visit the print show, you could ask for a chance to visit with a judge (note it probably wouldn't be one that actually judged your image that happened to be available) about your images. See Jim Dingwell to see if a judge could be available, he has a spot at the front of the show by the mentoring booths. I would like to encourage you (and everyone) to contact him and set up a time for mentoring, bring in about 10 images (you don't need to work them up) and get some one on one time with a judge to help you with your images, help choosing the strongest ones, what could be done to improve them, ideas on presentation etc. jdingwell@ppa.com
Keith