PDA

View Full Version : accounting and sms

carrbowl
07-09-2009, 09:56 PM
So I'm thinking I could be ahead of the game (and I really need all the help I can get!!!) if I get my accounting business in shape before I go to the seminar. I've been scoping out Quick Books, but it appears there are several different types. Any suggestions? I was looking at QB Pro 2009 (Accounting) B and H has it on sale for $110. I want to be able to interface with the graphs they give us at the seminar and my bank. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Michael_Gan
07-09-2009, 10:01 PM
QB pro is the one to get. All the more deluxe ones have features that most studios don't need, and the basic does not integrate with any of the programs like StudioPlus and possibly Successware.

ChrisGrandell
07-10-2009, 03:29 AM
Check out Successware. I think it is what SMS recommends, and since you are just getting things in order, why have to enter things twice when you decide to go the SuccessWare route. It is a fantastic piece of software, and has changed the way even my TINY studio operates...

Michael_Gan
07-10-2009, 07:06 PM
I don't think you have to enter anything twice for either software.

ChrisGrandell
07-11-2009, 02:05 PM
I don't think you have to enter anything twice for either software.

If you make the switch from QB to Successware you will have to re-enter your data into SuccessWare. It isn't a huge deal, but it is something to be aware of.

Michael_Gan
07-11-2009, 06:31 PM
With Studio Plus, you press a button to either Make deposits, or enter invoices, and it automatically goes into QB. And when your business is doing well enough to go into SP, it's a simple import to Studio Plus.

But for now, unless you're doing over $100K a year, QB pro should be the answer. SMS has templates to reconfigure your accounts to work with the photography biz.