PDA

View Full Version : Coming up with Competition Print Titles ...

D._Craig_Flory
04-01-2006, 02:03 PM
I had an inspiration,this morning, as I was getting a shower. I agonize over finding the best titles,every year,for my competition images. Usually I just write them down while looking at the images. But I can't very well carry 16X20's with me everywhere I go. If I'm out getting a bite to eat, I may want to try thinking of ideas. Or I may have someone creative who would like to offer title suggetions. So I made a competition title form,in MS Publisher,this morning. I made it for four images (with small size thumbnails of the photos as well as space for about 8 title ideas for each) And, no, the four images in my example are NOT my images for competition this year. *S*

For the Forum, I saved an additional version in .pdf form so you can download it to open in Adobe Reader. I hope this will help some of you.

D. Craig Flory PPA Certified, Cr.Photog., ASP
floryphotog@mindspring.com

Karen_Linsley
04-01-2006, 04:18 PM
Thank you Craig!

Mark_Levesque
04-01-2006, 04:20 PM
It's tougher to me than coming up with the images.

Mary_Mannix
04-04-2006, 04:07 PM
It's tougher to me than coming up with the images.

A great resource for titles is children. My kids have been helpful in titling my comp. images for years. Most often the first thing they come up with says it all. Short and sweet.

Mark_Levesque
04-04-2006, 05:20 PM
That's a good idea, Mary! I've got two daughters who'd probably love the opportunity.