PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Texas school?

Jack_Reznicki
03-31-2006, 05:40 PM
Hey all,

I'll be teaching at Texas School for the first time. My first week long workshop in a few years.
If anybody from OurPPA.com is going, please stop by and say "Hey".
Sounds like a great time. 1000 photography students in classes. And with beer. Look out.

http://www.tppa.org/school.htm

Jason_Smith
04-01-2006, 01:44 AM
Hey... I'll be there. 1st time huh? Taking Dupras's class. TX School is always a blast. Bring your PJ's!!! :D

Heather_Lee
04-06-2006, 06:15 PM
I'll be there! I'm one of Doug Box's wranglers.

Stan_Lawrence
04-06-2006, 08:02 PM
Jack-

Are you teaching proper jpeg exposure??? Photography, bit by bit? ;)

Jack_Reznicki
04-06-2006, 09:47 PM
Jack-
Are you teaching proper jpeg exposure??? Photography, bit by bit? ;)

Stan,

What a card you are <s> JPEG exposure? Isn't that like a digital graycard.
Gray is gray no matter the media. Proper exposure is proper exposure.

If someone wants to do "JPEG" expose, they're more than welcome to.
I teach what the difference is between JPEGs and Raw and let people choose the proper tool for their job. In some cases <gasp> it just may be a JPEG.

I'm just trying to show the light (pun intended)

See ya.

Stan_Lawrence
04-06-2006, 10:43 PM
That's what I need, to see the light! Hallelujah!!! I wish I was free, I'd learn a ton, I'm sure. So, I'm guessing my light blue gray card won't cut it.....damn, back to the drawing board. When you gonna teach at West Coast School?

George_Hawkins
04-07-2006, 01:28 AM
Jack,

Would you consider New England School? NEIPP! Our March 2007 session is contracted & announced, except with one more a TBA. Some "if's" to be decided soon. BUT we are still researching if some possibilities do not come together.

Ask Doug Box; he has good times here and students loved his course.

We are even considering possibilities for March 2008. Maybe you could forward a brief (for now) course plan. geo_hawkins@mac.com
I am one of the six trustees. Soon the instructors and class descriptions will be posted on www.ppane.com If interested I can email a small PDF.

Thanks, George

Jack_Reznicki
04-07-2006, 03:02 AM
When you gonna teach at West Coast School?

It's been about 2 years since I was there. I know Julie well and like the school. I don't know how many week long classes I'll be teaching though. It's hard with a studio. But I love San Francisco. Bill and Julie take me out on the Bay in their boat and last time, Hanson Fong took me to a China Town restuarant near his studio for crab. Ummmm

I'm talking with Katrin Eismann to do a series together in my studio and in different locations. And I'll be doing one in Dallas in May with Eddie Tapp, doing our "Pimp my File" liek we do at Photoshop World. I shoot doing a lighting demo and Eddie "pimps" my file.

You can check out my speaking schedule at
http://www.reznicki.com/lectures.shtml

I'm a little behind and should have a bunch more on it soon.

Thanks for asking. <s>

Jack_Reznicki
04-07-2006, 03:05 AM
Would you consider New England School? NEIPP!

Love to. 2007 may be tight because of my PPA schedule that year, but 2008 sounds good. And I usually come sponsored.
I'll email you directly tomorrow when I'm on my regular email.

Derek_Alvarez
04-07-2006, 03:05 AM
Hey Jack When is TX?
I might make it :)

Jack_Reznicki
04-07-2006, 03:14 AM
Hey Jack When is TX?
I might make it :)

April 24th to 28th. And you need to bring pajamas for the pajama party, so they tell me.

Jen_Basford
04-07-2006, 03:55 AM
Hey Jack - I'll be there! SO looking forward to it - have no idea what to bring, but seems pajamas are on the list (glad I stopped by this thread!)...

Will stop by and say howdy - this is going to be great! And would love to check out your Dallas speaking engagement with Eddie Tapp - going to check your speaking schedule now...

Rainbows and sunshine -
Jen

David_Quisenberry
04-07-2006, 03:22 PM
I will be there for my 1st Texas School as well with Larry Peters.

Heather_Lee
04-23-2006, 05:01 AM
School starts as I type this Today!

Heather_Lee
04-30-2006, 02:33 PM
It was a great school this year!

Jack_Reznicki
04-30-2006, 04:27 PM

It was a great year. Someone won a Harley motorcycle! One of the labs gave it to the school to give away. What a fun week and what a wonderful class I had.

And Heather, I sat with your dad at a breakfast. I recognized him because he was wearing his "I'm Heather's Dad" shirt. :)

Jack_Reznicki
04-30-2006, 04:28 PM

It was a great year. Someone won a Harley motorcycle! One of the labs gave it to the school to give away. What a fun week and what a wonderful class I had.
951 students. It was a sight when they gathered all the students together.

And Heather, I sat with your dad at a breakfast. I recognized him because he was wearing his "I'm Heather's Dad" shirt. :)

Heather_Lee
05-01-2006, 04:40 AM
Funny thing Jack cause I was wearing my Dwayne's Daughter shirt that day too. Oh and the lady (Cammie) who drove you from Houston to College Station was my co wrangler and roommate.

Gena_Jean
05-02-2006, 02:12 AM
Just signed up for this forum... I was fortunate enough to wrangle for Jack this year at TX School and the class was awesome. Everyone had a great time and left with much more info than they bargained for. The only thing that could have been better is if I'd been the winner of that Harley!

Gena