PDA

View Full Version : Can't find my name

dawnsnow
06-24-2009, 02:59 PM
Hey all you experienced competitors...

I merited regionally, included that print in my case with 2 other prints I felt worthy...(in a moment of confusion I prepped a EI entry instead - oops) My name (with the original print) was on the unofficial list, but in the new list, its no where... (according to the official list - I made it to Loan..) I sure would like to know whats what?:confused:

Joe_Campanellie
06-24-2009, 03:04 PM
Where did you find the "official" list ?

Only one that I have seen so far is a list that still needs to be verified.

With over 5000 entries there is bound to be some confusion. After the dust settles and you think there is a problem then you may want to contact someone on PEC.

Keith_A_Howe
06-24-2009, 03:55 PM
My name (with the original print) was on the unofficial list, but in the new list, its no where... (according to the official list - I made it to Loan..) I sure would like to know whats what?:confused:

I am also confused, it was on the unofficial list but it's not on the new list but it is on the official list?

I just went and looked and your name is on the unofficial list as have one loan print. I suspect maybe you looked at the 2008 list by mistake and that's why you couldn't find your name?

I contacted Jim Dingwell this morning and he said the list should be finalized and official the first part of next week.

Keith

Keith_A_Howe
06-24-2009, 04:06 PM
I merited regionally,

I don't want to be hard nosed here but I learned recently myself how important it is to be precise. FWIW, a print does not "merit' on a regional level. While most of us (myself included) say it that way, to be exact it gets a seal on the regional level. The seal means it will merit automatically if you send it on to national. But it has to go to national to actual merit. I am sure you know all this Dawn, I am just posting it for the newcomers who may get confused.

After the dust settles and you think there is a problem then you may want to contact someone on PEC.

Joe, I think people will get a quicker solution if they contact Jim Dingwell about questions on specific prints. PEC members would be the right source for any questions about competition in general but for a specific maker's prints, Jim is the one who would have those records. His email is jdingwell@ppa.com

Keith

Joe_Campanellie
06-24-2009, 04:58 PM
I agree that Jim is the one to contact. It's just that I'm sure he has his hands full right now with trying to tie up all the loose ends from the competition.

Once the verified and "official" list has been posted then I would contact him if you think there is a problem.

dawnsnow
06-24-2009, 05:16 PM
i seem to be on the Unofficial list - but not on the official one... thanks for the name to contact.

Betsy_Finn
06-24-2009, 07:50 PM
Dawn, the official list for this year has not been posted yet....

dawnsnow
06-25-2009, 12:57 AM
Yes, I definitely had a fright this morning... that seems to be the case...

Sarah_Johnston
06-28-2009, 03:34 AM
[QUOTE=Keith_A_Howe;206074] But it has to go to national to actual merit.

Just to add to being precise- A print with a seal from a regional will receive a merit if it sent on to the next PPA print comp. If you choose not to send it to the next one the seal becomes void.