PDA

View Full Version : Three Questions

idyphoto
06-22-2009, 02:41 AM
1. Any idea when the print comp critique DVDs are usually sent out? I assume that's going to take a while to produce.

2. Will loan images be on display at Imaging USA?

3. Any discount on the books if your print(s) gets into them?

This was my first time entering, and I managed to get one into Loan. I am so excited! I want to hear what they say about all of my prints, which actually brings up a fourth question:

4. Will the DVD have critiques of all the prints they judged? I would love to hear and see that.

Thanks in advance.

Keith_A_Howe
06-22-2009, 01:13 PM
1. Any idea when the print comp critique DVDs are usually sent out? I assume that's going to take a while to produce..

They are being done a different way this year and so I am checking on the aprox. ship date and will get back to you on this.

2. Will loan images be on display at Imaging USA?.
Yes - all merited images are on display except the albums. There different sections in the print show. There is the ASP Loan, Loan and the Merit Images sections. The ASP is another association that you can belong to for those that have recieved their degree.

3. Any discount on the books if your print(s) gets into them?.
Sorry the only discount on the books is preprint purchase price vs the price for after the books are printed. There will be a table at the print show offering the books and details or you can contact Marathon Press.

This was my first time entering, and I managed to get one into Loan. I am so excited! I want to hear what they say about all of my prints, which actually brings up a fourth question:

4. Will the DVD have critiques of all the prints they judged? I would love to hear and see that.

Thanks in advance.
Congratulations! The critiques will be of all your prints that were in a given case (in other words if you entered a PO case and an EI case but only ordered one critique, it would be of just that case of prints). It would be a time and labor as well as media monster to provide a critique of all images entered in the show to every one that entered the competition. Besides can you imaging how frustrating it would be to go through all those critiques to find your images.

I will be back with the projected ship dates on the critiques.
Keith

Keith_A_Howe
06-22-2009, 02:28 PM
Ok Here is what I learned. Critiques will not be on DVD this year. Delivery will be fairly soon, couple of weeks or so, as soon as production is done. If you ordered a critique, you will recieve an email with instructions to download your Critique.
Keith

Stephanie_Millner
06-22-2009, 02:47 PM
That's awesome! My critique from LAST year still won't load on the DVD so very happy to hear this!

idyphoto
06-22-2009, 03:23 PM
Thanks for answering my questions, and I can't wait to hear the critique! Getting that one Loan is the catalyst I needed.

Heather_L._Smith
06-22-2009, 04:20 PM

hehehehe... as a spectator at this year's competition, I can honestly say that I don't think this will EVER happen. Four days of competition with a couple of 15-minute breaks and one 45 minute lunch break each day... the rest of the time (for four days) is spent judging... that'd be one serious set of DVD's! :)

I will say again, though, that if you get the opportunity, you should go see it in person. It's remarkable and an incredible learning experience.

Keith_A_Howe
06-22-2009, 06:49 PM
hehehehe... as a spectator at this year's competition, I can honestly say that I don't think this will EVER happen. Four days of competition with a couple of 15-minute breaks and one 45 minute lunch break each day... the rest of the time (for four days) is spent judging... that'd be one serious set of DVD's! :)

I will say again, though, that if you get the opportunity, you should go see it in person. It's remarkable and an incredible learning experience.

Not only is it 4 days of judging, it is usually 4 rooms of judging all at the same time. I think that it might get a bit old viewing that many critiques as well. One more thought would be, we might need the makers permission to show their critiques to the public.
Keith

idyphoto
06-23-2009, 03:02 PM
Holy Toledo! Four days, four rooms, over 4,000 prints -- obviously I didn't think that question through! But think how much you could learn from that.