PDA

View Full Version : Status Initials?

Trista_Blouin
06-20-2009, 07:05 PM
I'm assuming "L" means Loan, but what do "G" and "GB" mean?

Dave_Cisco
06-20-2009, 07:10 PM
G means merit in General Collection, GB means will appear in the General Book of images.

Trista_Blouin
06-20-2009, 07:40 PM
And what does meriting in the General Collection mean? Thank you!

Michael_Gan
06-20-2009, 08:33 PM
It means the print will be exhibited at Imaging USA in January.

Dave_Cisco
06-20-2009, 08:45 PM

That you will be rich and famous someday.:D

Keith_A_Howe
06-21-2009, 03:00 AM
A merit counts toward your degree.
For a Master of Photography degree you need at least 13 print merits and 12 other (service or speaking or they can be more print merits as well) for a total of 25 merits.
For a Craftsman Degree you need at least 13 speaking merits and 12 other merits for a total of 25.
For a Master of Electronic Imaging degree you need 13 Electronic imageing print merits and 12 other merits for a total of 25.

So getting a merit on an image represents master level work.
Entering is such a great way to improve your photography and it helps market your studio. Hope to see you entering soon.
Keith

Keith_A_Howe
06-21-2009, 03:05 AM

Sorry I didn't directly answer this. An image recieves one print merit for the General collection. The General book is an honor, those images are printed in a coffee table book that is made available.
Loan Collection means the image travels around the world to associations that want to display the loan collection. It is also printed in a seperate coffee table book.
Loan collection images (the best of the best) recieve 2 print merits, 1 for being selected to the General collection and 1 more for being selected to the Loan Collection.
Hope this helps
Keith

Trista_Blouin
06-23-2009, 02:35 AM
Thanks for the explanation Keith. One of my prints got chosen for General Collection and I just didn't know what that entailed in its entirety.