PDA

View Full Version : Print Comp Good News

Joe_Campanellie
06-18-2009, 09:05 PM
While I don't know what the entire results from the competition are yet I did get a bit of good news today from ASP president, Ernie Johnson.

Last night we had our state meeting so I missed his call. Worried all night that I had done something wrong. He called back early this morning. Seems my print Got'cha won the ASP Gold Medallion Award. Still can't believe that. Of all those 99's and 100's I saw at SEPPA, not to mention the other regional competitions so I was sure not expecting anything like that.

Sure has made my day...!

Jeff_Dachowski
06-19-2009, 03:14 AM
Joe,
Congrats!! that is big time cool!!
Jeff

Candace_Pratt_Stiteler
06-19-2009, 03:26 AM
Congrats, Joe!
That is truly special!

Don_Chick
06-19-2009, 04:55 PM
Congratulations Joe, that's awesome!!

Will you post the image somewhere so we can see it?

Joe_Campanellie
06-19-2009, 05:38 PM
As soon as I figure all of that out I will do that. Kind of a newbie around here and gettin my feet wet.

Sarah_Johnston
06-28-2009, 03:57 AM
It looks like you did a whole lot more than get your feet wet. You dove in head first!!! Way to go!!

samgardnermcr
07-31-2009, 01:10 AM
Great job Joe, you deserve a very hearty round of applause... which you shall receive at our banquet in Nashville. Sam Gardner ASP Board member

Cheri_MacCallum
07-31-2009, 02:20 AM
Congratulations! That's fantastic news!

Joe_Campanellie
07-31-2009, 04:41 AM
Sure won't miss this convention. Have a lot to be thankful for and to celebrate this year. The day after Ernie called me about the gold medallion award the PPA results were posted and found out that all four prints went loan this year.

Somebody must be lookin out for me...!

Keith_A_Howe
07-31-2009, 02:50 PM
Congrats . . . Mr Diamond!

Joe_Campanellie
07-31-2009, 04:40 PM
Thanks Keith...

The only downside was that I wasn't able to share the good news with my dad. He had been real sick and in the hospital for some time. Just figured he would bounce back like he always had before. But...he passed away before I could tell him all the good news.

My dad was a photographer too and taught me so much early in my career when I worked for him as a lab rat. Provided me with the tools and the knowledge that gave me such a good foundation in photography.

Cassandra_Sullivan
07-31-2009, 09:26 PM
Sorry to hear about your dad, Joe. But congratulations on your award. And I'm sure your dad knows about your award. :)