PDA

View Full Version : Advertising CPP

Christine_Walsh-Newton
05-29-2009, 10:08 PM
I was just awarded the CPP designation and I've made a concerted effort to add it in to my advertising.

I just updated my website and blog with references to it - but I'm wondering if it's a bit much. I'd appreciate any input in that area.

On the website it's on my splash page (bottom) and part of my website header and referenced on the "about Christine" page. In my blog - I put the press release on the "Latest News" page.

tnhillbillytoo
06-03-2009, 02:52 AM
Christine, I clicked on your website link, but it never loaded.

(and my CPP stuff is WAY more obnoxious than yours LOL!)

D._Craig_Flory
06-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Hi Christine;

First of all, for those who don't know, Christine & her hubby drove 7 hours from Ohio to Pa. for her to take the exam. She passed because she went the extra mile(s). All kidding aside, that shows how much she wanted it.

I like the size ... you want it big enough so they can't miss it and so they ask what it means. When you get Craftsman and / or Master then they can be a bigger logo.

Heather_L._Smith
06-03-2009, 02:40 PM
It may just be me, Christine, but I think it's way too big. On the splash page, it draws my attention away from the images, and the red of the two logos (Certified and PPA) appear to be just slightly different from the red on the background of your splash page. Now, the average consumer may not notice, or care, but I think as artists who work with colors every day we should be really careful about something like that. I would actually make both the Certified logo and the PPA logo smaller and either one on each side of the page (left and right) to balance the placement, or right next to each other and both justified to the right or the left. I would probaby make them at least half the size of what they currently are... at least.

Then, when you enter your website off the splash, the certified logo is as big as your studio logo! Again, just my opinion, but I would rather have people remember my studio logo than remember the Certification logo. And, in this case, you've got the certification logo which is pure white on red, and your logo which is embossed gold on red... the white is more prominent than the gold, so my eye goes there first (and again, the reds are just slightly different). I think your "About Christine" page is probably the most appropriate placement.

I'm sure others will disagree with me, but I think you want your clients to see it, not be smacked in the face with it :)

Kimberly_Hill
06-03-2009, 05:23 PM
Christine, the sizes of the banners don't bother me as much as the PPA and CPP logo colors do on your splash page.

I do like Heather's suggestion of moving the CPP logo to your "About Christine" page though instead of your splash page.