PDA

View Full Version : What not to enter

Michael_Gan
05-23-2009, 06:16 PM
Funny! But in all seriousness, please don't enter these...
http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/

Heather_L._Smith
05-23-2009, 08:45 PM
oh my heck, Michael... I JUST found this site last night and we were rolling on the floor laughing. My favorite is the "Family Tree" image... I think it's the very first post. I'm still laughing about that one.

Actually, in all seriousness, there is some really good stuff out there on what NOT to do! As we were going through the posts I saw so many things that newbie photographers do (like being 6 inches away from the background), or the super awkward posing. Great stuff. After you get done laughing and can see again once you've wiped the tears from your eyes, it's actually a great exercise to figure out WHY it's awkward so you recognize it later. Just like we examine the beautiful stuff, we should examine the really bad stuff, too :)

Ron_Jackson
05-24-2009, 12:51 AM
I looked though all of them but couldn't find out what was wrong with them. Am I missing something? I saw many of the same poses I use today. Maybe a couple of them need a tweak of white balance. Okay, I'm kidding. I was laughing out loud. I just hope that none of my work ever winds up on that site.

mwynne
05-28-2009, 10:38 PM
That first image is disturbing on many levels. The image quality is the least of their worries.