PDA

View Full Version : CPP advice

JordanaWright
05-22-2009, 03:30 PM
I am a completely self-taught photographer, interested in taking the certification test. I read books/guides/manuals all the time, and am still confused by some of the sample questions for the test. Does anyone have any suggestions of good reading material that could help me fill in the blanks of my photographic knowledge? I can take a good picture, but don't necessarily know everything technical that I should...

Any advice would be really helpful!
Thanks!

ChrisGrandell
05-22-2009, 04:08 PM
The book that they recommend is great. I believe that it is Photography by Barbara London. I took the test in January, and I used the 9th edition for that test. Not sure if there is a newer one or not.

D._Craig_Flory
05-22-2009, 05:49 PM
Hi Jordana;

There are some older posts on here under certification. Mark Levesque posted a bunch of questions and then his next post would give the answer. Look for them ... in the certification threads go below "New Thread" to where they ask what dates you want to look through. That will allow you go back much farther than the current posts.

A few times people on here have banded together into study groups. They set up a chat once a week. You could also find other photogs. near you who want to take the exam and get together for study.

I hope some of these things help. Passing easily depends on your background in pro photography. When I got certified, in 1986, I didn't study one minute and passed. But, I took basic air force photo school in 1966 & combat photo school in 1968. I served a 3 year apprenticeship with a Master from 1970 till 1973 & worked there till 1975. I took basic portraiture at Triangle Institute & then also advanced portraiture with Frank Chricchio. So, I had lots of direct knowledge. Your background may not have as much experience.

Heather_L._Smith
05-23-2009, 09:09 PM
What kinds of questions are you struggling with? Any particular topic?