PDA

View Full Version : Entering album at Nationals.

bob_hancock
04-25-2009, 03:05 AM
Question?
Wanting to enter album this year.
Are there advantages or disadvantages entering album that will be judged electronic verse hardback album that judges view actual prints?

Last week entered album at Pennsylvania and received Kodak gallery award.
score of 87.
Should I send hardback album or images on CD?
Thanks for any advice and feedback.
Bob

Keith_A_Howe
04-25-2009, 02:05 PM
Bob, Congratulations on your album. Bob Howard was able to get Holly and I into the print show after hours, before we left PA so wegot to see your book. If I am remembering correctly it was the winter scenes? Normally I would say to send albums on CD because you send them now and they don't come back till sometime after national judging - so they are gone for several months. BUT! in your case it was an odd size album wasn't it? and i think for national it has to be a set size maybe? Check that out because a lot of the appeal of your book ( if I am remembering the correct one) is that it has an almost panorama feel. That would be lost if you had to fill in around the images with black to make it a standard size spread. Also because yours is not a wedding album that you are wanting to use for a sample but rather an art piece, maybe it's not as much of a hardship to have it gone for awhile? So while I normally would tell you to send it CD, because i have had the chance to actualy see your album I would say send the actual book. It will have much more impact.

Keith

bob_hancock
04-25-2009, 07:16 PM
Thanks Keith,
You are correct.
Album was the winter scenes in panoramic form.