PDA

View Full Version : Competition Entry Mechanics

MarkTurner
04-23-2009, 09:12 PM
This will be my first time entering the international competition, after having just participated in the western regionals. I've got a couple of questions about the mechanics of submitting entries.

The rules are clear about where and when to send prints, and the file specs to upload digital copies (and how to name the files).

In the regional competition there was a creator info form to be attached to the back of each print. I didn't find anything in the international comp rules about placing identifying info and titles on the back of prints. Did I just miss the form to print, fill out, and tape to the back? Or do I use the one from the regional that's still on my prints? One of my regional entries has the gold corner emblem; two others have 'exhibited' ribbons. Do I leave these on? What about the title corners?

I expect to ship my case on Friday 4/24 so I need a quick answer.

Thanks,

-- Mark Turner
www.turnerphotographics.com (http://www.turnerphotographics.com)

Louise_St_Romain
04-23-2009, 09:58 PM
When you type in the form for your entries and then go through the checkout process, after you pay your entry fee, the next screen will have your receipt and a button to press to print your labels along with instructions on how to place the labels on the prints.

You do need to remove the gold corner and ribbons from the previous exhibition. The only thing that would be left on would be if one of the images received a seal at a regional this year; that would stay on the back of the print.

Good luck! :)

MarkTurner
04-24-2009, 04:06 AM
Thanks. It would have been nice if the upfront instructions included that information, especially for those of us who are new at this.

-- Mark Turner

Rick_Massarini
04-24-2009, 04:20 AM
Don't worry Mark, the PEC is monitoring the forum, especially the Print Competition section, so you can be relatively certain that your suggestion has probably already been read by a PEC member. I'll also make a note of your question and suggestion and pass it on to the PEC Administrator (Jim Dingwell) when I next speak with him.