PDA

View Full Version : Deadline for Entry?

buddybartels
04-22-2009, 01:42 AM
I was trying to figure out the correct date(s) for entry. The International Print Competition link on the site says:
"The registration deadline is May 1. As the judging will take place June 14-17, the entry deadline is earlier this year. The deadline for receiving entries is 5pm CST on May."

5pm on May what? I understand you have to register online and upload your jpg's by May 1st, but it seems that there may be an actual later date for them to receive them maybe but that statement is incomplete.
The reason I ask is that I could register and upload right now but I'm unsure I can get one of my prints back from the lab and have it physically to PPA by May 1st.

Any inside knowledge of these dates would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Heather_L._Smith
04-22-2009, 03:00 AM
Prints must be physically received by May 1. I believe they'll take them as late as May 22, but a late fee applies after May 1. If you're entering in the SEPPA, you have a two week extension (of the May 1 deadline) because that regional is held the week prior to the deadline. However, if that's the case, you have to show proof of your entry into SEPPA to qualify for the extension. I believe that's the case as well with the Northern Light regional as well, as it's being held as I type this.

Judging in years past has taken place in July, so the deadline has been in June. This year, everything got pushed up by about a month.

Sarah_Johnston
04-22-2009, 04:21 AM
HEather is correct. Judging is earlier this year. Prints need to be @ PPA the 1st or pay a late fee. SEPPA excluded. I am STILL fighting with 2 prints. Starting to go crazy!! At least I know I am not alone.

Angela_Lawson
04-25-2009, 02:42 AM
Anyone know how much the late fee is? Yeah, yeah, I put it off, but honest I do have an excuse. :)

Angela

Keith_A_Howe
04-25-2009, 02:18 PM
I have it physically to PPA by May 1st.

Prints need to be @ PPA the 1st or pay a late fee.

Just for clarification. Print cases DO NOT go to PPA. They are shipped to Jim Dingwell, the PEC administrator, in Lincoln, NE.

Keith

Keith_A_Howe
04-25-2009, 03:17 PM
Jim Dingwell ask me to post this.

If anyone has any questions about competition, email him Directly for the fastest most accurate info. jdingwell@ppa.com

Keith