PDA

View Full Version : If anyone wants to CC... :)

Ashley_Short
04-14-2009, 03:11 AM
I've got a few images that I'd like opinions on. I know the forum has been pretty dead lately, feel free to liven it up a bit. :p

I'm just going to post the thumbnailss, but if you'd like to see the larger version, you can see them easily on my facebook... here's the direct link:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=19223&id=1496851611&l=d2a4adcdbd

Thanks in advance!

Ashley

Ashley_Short
04-14-2009, 07:38 PM
Over 30 views and not one single comment? Come on people!

(It really is dead around here.....)

D._Craig_Flory
04-14-2009, 07:47 PM
Hi Ashley;

Did you get my reply to your PM about these ?

Ashley_Short
04-14-2009, 08:01 PM
Yes, thank you! I've replied back, as well as to your FB message. :)

Thank you for your time and your opinions!!

~Ashley

Rob_Wilson
04-14-2009, 08:54 PM
Over 30 views and not one single comment? Come on people!

(It really is dead around here.....)

Ok Ok I will give you my 1 cents...I CC the portraits since scenics is my thing, however I like both of them.

#1 I probably would center this image so there isn’t so much of her right arm or even make it square. The light looks pretty good here and makes her eyes look good. Her hair is bothering me a bit on her left side; maybe the right side of the hood could have been more symmetrical to match the left side. I am not a fan of cropping off heads, but that maybe something I need to get over.

#2 the light seems a little far to the her left and at least in this small picture looks split face and not enough light hits her right eye. If the light was moved over more then the arm wouldn’t be so hot. Maybe some vignette to make her pop a bit.

#4 I like this image, I like it most of all because you worked the hands which can always be dangerous. Looks like you have some good light in the eyes. I am just not sure about the expression. I may have turned the face a little more toward the camera, but that’s just me.

Ashley_Short
04-14-2009, 09:06 PM
Thanks for your "1 cent", Rob!

So, from that, I believe I'm reading that you like the first shot of the little girl better than the second shot? (Maybe not?)

Thanks for pointing out the position of the light on #2. I just got a new soft box, and I've been using umbrellas for years now, and only smaller softboxes before that, so I need to keep in mind that they're going to be a little bit different and I need to get to know my new equipment a bit better! :)

I don't usually shoot scenics. I wasn't taught anything about them specifically in school (other than your basic photography composition, etc.) All my classes were more towards portrait. I shot these just for me, and whenever I see a nice scene I always say, "man, I wish there was a bride there!" lol. the window scene was on my honeymoon in Italy. :)

Thanks again for the comments. All are appreciated.

Ashley

Rob_Wilson
04-14-2009, 09:18 PM
Thanks for your "1 cent", Rob!

So, from that, I believe I'm reading that you like the first shot of the little girl better than the second shot? (Maybe not?)

Thanks for pointing out the position of the light on #2. I just got a new soft box, and I've been using umbrellas for years now, and only smaller softboxes before that, so I need to keep in mind that they're going to be a little bit different and I need to get to know my new equipment a bit better! :)

I don't usually shoot scenics. I wasn't taught anything about them specifically in school (other than your basic photography composition, etc.) All my classes were more towards portrait. I shot these just for me, and whenever I see a nice scene I always say, "man, I wish there was a bride there!" lol. the window scene was on my honeymoon in Italy. :)

Thanks again for the comments. All are appreciated.

Ashley
I actually like the second shot but the light bothers me a bit. I like doing and looking at the relationship portraits. I am all about the light. I love good light...lol.

I am the same way with scenics, I always think if the right person is in there it would be better. Scenics never really make me feel anything, (i will may get killed for this) but even Ansel Adams work I can appreciate it but doesn't do anythign for me.