PDA

View Full Version : Gator Foam or Sintra

D._Craig_Flory
03-24-2006, 08:25 PM
Hi Group;

I usually have my competition images mounted on Black-Core Gator Foam. A friend told me he never uses anything but Sintra for his print mountings. I'm curious what all of you have experienced with Sintra. Since my prints are being done as I write this, I'm looking at next year's competitions and wanted to get some thoughts. I'll hope to get some opinions.

D. Craig Flory PPA Certified, Cr.Photog., ASP
floryphotog@mindspring.com

Stan_Lawrence
03-24-2006, 09:36 PM
Craig-
I really like the gator foam...although I really enjoyed the work Sinatra did with Count Basie.....

D._Craig_Flory
03-24-2006, 09:54 PM
Hi Stan;

After a long day, a joke like that was fun to read ! *S* I never saw Frank live but did catch a concert with Count Basie, in the late 60's, when I was in the Air Force.

Craig

Jeff_Dachowski
03-27-2006, 12:43 AM
Hi,
I have found that the cintra brand, which is also known as stryene tends to start to bow after some time. In our studio we usually mount all 11x14's or larger with cintra so they will not buckle when framed. However if left unframed, they will bow a lot more than gator foam. I guess also it could depend on the thickness of cintra. Maybe it is offered in 1/4 thickness? That might affect it's rigidity. Good luck.
Jeff