PDA

View Full Version : PPA Comp -

MarilynDillon
04-07-2009, 12:38 PM
This will be my first year to send a case off to PPA. I understand the deadline is May 1st. Where do I find the forms and information about where to send it? The only thing I can find on the site is something that says "online registration will be available soon". Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!:)

Betsy_Finn
04-07-2009, 01:12 PM
It looks like there's an issue with the rules page not being up to date. On first look, I found the same results you did. The "where to send it" is at the end of this page:
http://ppa.com/competitions/international/2009_rules_po.php

Then I found this one, which has the registration links etc:
http://ppa.com/competitions/international.php

Linda_Gregory
04-07-2009, 01:15 PM
May 1st??? the date has been upped that much????

Louise_St_Romain
04-07-2009, 01:54 PM
^^^^ that was my thought as well :eek:

Keith_A_Howe
04-07-2009, 03:44 PM
The May 1rst date was set late last year. It was published by the first of the year. It has been in the PPA e-mails and on on the PPA site since then. I don't believe it was in the Jan issue of the magazine but I think it showed up in Feb issue. So I don't know what more PPA could have done to let you know other then call each member individually and tell them. The date was moved up because the facility where the judging takes place was not available in July, so the judging was moved up to June.
Keith

MarilynDillon
04-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Thank you! Those links are just what I needed.

Linda_Gregory
04-07-2009, 04:44 PM
So I don't know what more PPA could have done to let you know other then call each member individually and tell them. The date was moved up because the facility where the judging takes place was not available in July, so the judging was moved up to June.
Keith

Calling would have been nice! (just kidding!)

Why not August? I mean, August in Daytona sounds wonderful! Okay, okay! I'll get on the stick or decide to pass this year. Not their fault, but I guess I don't read the fine print!

Keith_A_Howe
04-07-2009, 05:54 PM
It's not in Daytona anymore. It has been moved to Atlanta.
Keith

Mark_Levesque
04-07-2009, 07:01 PM
I think the deadline was adequately publicized. I just don't like how early it is. For those of us with other competitions at the end of April, it doesn't allow us enough time to make changes based on feedback and reprint. I certainly understand that PEC wants the prints to arrive as early as possible, so they tack on a fee for those prints arriving during the last few weeks before the real deadline, but it would be nice if they accommodated those of us with other competitions by waiving the late fee since the date has been moved up so much. Just a thought.

Keith_A_Howe
04-07-2009, 07:41 PM
The real deadline is May 1rst. You are not being penalized for getting them in late. You are being rewarded with a discount for getting them in on time. Wasn't the PPANE affliate judging last fall? That should have given you plenty of time to make changes. I understand that NH is the end of April but I would think that's where you get feedback and make changes before affliate judging, which for you is next September. The reality is no matter when the deadline is, someone is going to whine that they don't have enough time.
Keith

andiegoodman
04-08-2009, 12:56 AM
May 1st??? the date has been upped that much????

Yes it has. Depressing isn't it. We could all write to PPA and vote for a later date. BTW, registration IS available online.

Cheri_MacCallum
04-08-2009, 01:28 AM
I heard that those who enter seppa will be given an extra week. Is this true? Seppa is the 23rd -the 27th! That's cutting it close!

Betsy_Finn
04-08-2009, 01:43 AM
Cheri, the PPA webinar mentioned some sort of extension for those participating in the SEPPA regional. I'd talk to Jim Dingwell for the details though.

Cheri_MacCallum
04-08-2009, 01:50 AM
Drew said he got some kind of email, that of course I didn't get. I looked for it on the ppa site and can't find any info on it. I'll contact Jim! Thanks!!