PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Keith Howe!

Jeff_Dachowski
03-31-2009, 04:01 AM
I will let Keith spill how he did at this years HOA comp, but let me be the first to congratulate my good friend on his accomplishments!

Your the best!
Jeff

DianeDavis
03-31-2009, 04:31 AM
Dang, Jeff! at least give us a hint-- compare and contrast it to last year---Please!

Heather_L._Smith
03-31-2009, 04:34 AM
Can't WAIT to hear the results!!! Don't toy with us, k??!!

Keith_A_Howe
03-31-2009, 06:18 AM
Thanks Jeff, Diane and Heather. No it wasn't as sweet as last year but I can't complain. Sometimes the planets align for you and sometimes they don't. Here's my results.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p308/imager410/WindandWatercr.jpg
Wind and Water
Score 79, I over printed this image. It was too dark. I will print it lighter and send it on.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p308/imager410/TooCloseForComfortcr.jpg
Too Close For Comfort, scored 87
First Place Portrait of Pets for Heart of America - yes this is my pet, you should see him come running when I open a can of tuna. It's been murder on the furniture though. Actually this is the same animal as the image I entered last year.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p308/imager410/TheresNoPlaceLikeHomecr.jpg
There's No Place like Home, scored 85
Kodak Gallery award for NE

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p308/imager410/LastLightcr.jpg

Last Light, scored 94
Kodak Gallery award illustrative for HOA
Fuji Masterpiece for NE
Judges ribbon
Interesting thing about this image, it was created following our program in Maine last January. Jeff drove fast, very very fast, trying to get us to this spot by sunset. We got there too late or as a couple judges told me here at HOA "right on time". The image is either a 12 or 13 second exposure. I am laying on my stomach on wet rocks that are normally under water but this was low tide. The camera is propped on a rock and I am holding it with one hand. The other hand I have two fingers under the lens trying to keep it level and steady. Holly said the reason there is no movement on such a long exposure is because I was frozen solid to the rocks. It was bitterly cold and I was still wearing my dress clothes from giving the program. Interestingly, my best print this year and my best print last year, both times my good friend Jeff Dachowski was standing right next to me when I took them. I guess he is my lucky charm. I will soon be selling his feet on keychains.
Jeff, as far as your lighthouse photos go, I TOLD you to lay down on your stomach!

I was second place overall in NE.

Keith

Marc_Benjamin
03-31-2009, 06:22 AM
Awesome case and congrats on the K Galleries.

Linda_Gregory
03-31-2009, 11:42 AM
Congratulations!! Missing the print show...and seeing you guys...was the real sad part of missing HOA this year.

Cassandra_Sullivan
03-31-2009, 12:04 PM
Beautiful images - congrats Keith!

Mark_Levesque
03-31-2009, 12:06 PM
Great work, Keith. Way to rack up the hardware.

KirkDarling
03-31-2009, 12:26 PM
Wow, Keith, you go, man.

Ron_Jackson
03-31-2009, 01:38 PM
Just beautiful work! Way to go Keith. Congratulations. I too especially love the light house.

Stephanie_Millner
03-31-2009, 02:02 PM
Gorgeous as always, Keith! Congrats.

And the descriptions weren't bad either! ;)

Dea_Bell
03-31-2009, 02:09 PM
Congrats!

I'll be first in line to buy a fuzzy Jeff foot. ;)

Keith_A_Howe
03-31-2009, 02:44 PM
Congrats!

I'll be first in line to buy a fuzzy Jeff foot. ;)

Jeff's fuzzy but I don't know about his feet, can't say I've ever seen them sans shoes!
Keith

Mark_Katz
03-31-2009, 04:52 PM
The lighthouse is stunning, and the others are wonderful. Obviously you don't need me to say "Great work!", but I'll say it anyways... great work!

Heather_L._Smith
03-31-2009, 05:53 PM
Wow, Keith! I'm so proud of you. You've really come a long way. :D

No, really. I AM proud of you.

Lisa_Louise
03-31-2009, 08:25 PM
Keith, congratulations, your image's are remarkable. Thank you for taking the time to speak with my husband and I this past weekend, your input was greatly appreciated:)... This was my first time at HOA, and I had a great time, learned a lot! Thank you.
Lisa Louise

Jeff_Dachowski
04-01-2009, 04:42 AM
Keith,
Come to think about it, last year I was present when you made 3 of your 4 images that went loan. This year, I was present when three of your sealed prints were made as well. The "luck" you seem to get when I am around does not seem to affect my prints though!! I think it really must might have to do with the person behind the camera, not next to it! Or, it could be the chaffuer!

Maybe you should thank Carolle for making me "slow down" so you could get just the right light. :)
Jeff

Keith_A_Howe
04-01-2009, 02:09 PM
Jeff, I have always thought Carolle the more talented photographer in your family. She just has such an understanding of light that seems to allude you Jeff . . . maybe you could talk her into explaining a few things to you. :D

The thing is, if I had been alone I would have just thought "oh well, too late" but because we were together and having a good time, we decided to play around photographing the lighthouse even though it was really too dark. If I was alone, I might have taken an image or two but I wouldn't have spent enough time to realize the the image needed to be from ground level, I wouldn't have had that great lens to borrow and I wouldn't have known that lighthouse was even there. Like I said sometimes the planets just align for you and Carolle not wanting you to drive like a maniac was part of the whole kismet thing.

D._Craig_Flory
04-01-2009, 05:08 PM
Keith wins everywhere he enters. I am anxious to see if he creates any merit images while here in Pa. speaking on April 19th, along with Holly. (if you see an image of Three Mile Island Nuke plant or of the Hershey Chocolate Plant you could be seeing images from Keith. ;) )

I am still inspired with how he got Jeff to catch that Mountain Lion's attention so Keith could get an image. Jeff heals quickly and didn't need too long to recuperate from his injuries. :p

StaceyDamon
04-01-2009, 10:22 PM
Congrats to you Keith...gorgeous images!!

John_Metcalfe
04-02-2009, 04:10 PM
A bit late...

Saw your images... wonderful.

Looking forward to seeing you in Nashville. Paul Rogers, Michael Barton and I along with a few others from our group will be there for sure. PR and MB are close to more than one of their degrees and all 3 of us will be walking across the stage for one reason or another. Congrats and see you there!

Cheri_MacCallum
04-02-2009, 08:51 PM
Congratulations!!!