PDA

View Full Version : Needing a mentor...

JillHeller
03-28-2009, 05:14 AM
I'm finally organized enough and ready to pursue my Masters. Is there anyone out there available to help assist me through this?

I'd greatly appreciate it!

Cheers!

D._Craig_Flory
03-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Hi Jill;

I have a suggestion for you. I have a friend who got his Masters, in 5 years, due to hooking up with a Master for guidance. He was about 1½ hours away so the photographer could go to him if need be. Otherwise, he would send originals in the mail for review. (prior to e-mail)

So, I suggest finding someone in California. In the case of my friend, both were in Pa. and members of the PPAofPa. I hope you are a member of the California affiliate or one of the smaller groups. That way, besides using e-mail and visiting you can also hook up at a meeting.

Good Luck

Mark_Levesque
03-28-2009, 06:25 PM
Even though I am pretty sure you don't mean it that way, Craig, reading your response with the colloquialisms intact is making me smile broadly. :)

Marc_Benjamin
03-28-2009, 07:51 PM
since were looking for a master mentor to hook up with, how about making sure to look for someone who is hanged well in recent print comps.

Michael_Gan
03-28-2009, 09:45 PM
since were looking for a master mentor to hook up with, how about making sure to look for someone who is hanged well in recent print comps....and Levesque is probably rolling on the floor with that one! :D

Michael_Gan
03-28-2009, 10:12 PM
Anyway, getting back on topic. Jill, you do know that NCPP has got a Masters study group, don't you?

JillHeller
03-29-2009, 12:02 AM
Yes, but I'm currently not a member. Sound familiar? ;)

Michael_Gan
03-29-2009, 03:27 AM
As Emily Latella used to say, "Ah, well, that's different. Nevermind".

Keith_A_Howe
04-03-2009, 05:11 PM
Anyway, getting back on topic. Jill, you do know that NCPP has got a Masters study group, don't you?

Maybe now is time to join. Besides the study group, Being a member of your associations has many other benifits. Keith

Marc_Benjamin
04-03-2009, 05:21 PM

Maybe now is time to join. Besides the study group, Being a member of your associations has many other benifits. Keith

If you guys come back home to PPABA (San Fran), we've got warm meatballs and stuff waiting for ya.

JillHeller
04-03-2009, 07:34 PM
Hmm...maybe if someone could throw a guest pass my way I'd be happy to check it out. What is the meeting day/time/location?

Cheers!

Marc_Benjamin
04-04-2009, 04:02 AM
Hmm...maybe if someone could throw a guest pass my way I'd be happy to check it out. What is the meeting day/time/location?

Cheers!

Sure, you can even bring up to 99 of your girl friends with you. Just PM me the names a couple of days before the meeting and I'll make sure the bouncer let's you gals in.

Date: it's always on the Third Thursday of the month (no funky all of the sudden changes)
Time: 7:00-9:00pm
The Grosvenor, S. Airport Blvd, S. San Fran

Oh in addition to the awesome meatballs, we have ROBERT FARBER (http://ppgba.org/html/april.html)
for the next meeting on April 16.

---------

If you become a member before the meeting for $99, you can even play at print comp that night.

Valenzuela
04-07-2009, 03:28 PM
Jill... I'm another NCPP ex-member going out to PPGBA. Don't be afraid! :-)

Tod_Gomes
05-23-2009, 05:39 AM
Go Jil, Go Jill...:D