PDA

View Full Version : CPP exam - April 26th - NH

Don_Chick
03-18-2009, 08:19 AM
There will also be a CPP - Testing session, Sunday April 26th at 1:30 in North Conway, NH.

Then NHPPA Conference is rapidly approaching and anyone wanting to take the CPP exam should notify PPA very soon.

Heather Smith will be conducting a 2 hour class on Certification right before the exam.

If you have any questions, contact me - don@chickphotography.net

I hope to see you there!

Patty_Axford
04-07-2009, 06:47 PM
Hi Don,

I am signed up and paid, so am "good to go" (note that I didn't say "ready to go")!

Thanks,

Patty

Mark_Levesque
04-07-2009, 07:56 PM
At least you know what things to study. ;) And you can go to Heather's program for a last minute refresher. :)

Bob_Lotz
04-20-2009, 06:30 PM
Hi Don,
I'm also signed up through PPA HQ. I look forward to the morning review session and the exam.
-Bob

StaceyDamon
04-20-2009, 06:53 PM
Don't forget your #2 pencils...sharpened!!!:p

Andrea_Chapelo
04-21-2009, 01:31 PM
Don't forget your #2 pencils...sharpened!!!:p

hehehe...Stacey I was gonna say the same thing ;)

Don_Chick
04-21-2009, 03:26 PM
I can't imagine going to a test and not bringing a pencil?.... Maybe this year I'll bring a bunch but charge $10 each for folks who need them!:D

Heather_L._Smith
04-22-2009, 03:08 AM
I can't imagine going to a test and not bringing a pencil?.... Maybe this year I'll bring a bunch but charge $10 each for folks who need them!:D

Imagine flying half way across the country to take a test and forgetting to bring a #2 pencil.

I totally would'a paid that.

Heather_L._Smith
04-22-2009, 03:12 AM
Heather Smith will be conducting a 2 hour class on Certification right before the exam.

That's right, kids. It's a crash course. We're going to talk about anything that's still confusing to you, anything you have questions on, and a quick rundown of the key topics that will be on the exam... I'm bringing my 'Photography' book (London) just in case, and we'll make sure you're primed and ready for that test.

Don_Chick
04-26-2009, 10:59 PM
Heather did an awesome job with her program today - Way to go!!

11 people took the CPP exam - Good luck to everyone.

We'll be testing again next year at the NHPPA Conference in North Conway NH!!

D._Craig_Flory
04-26-2009, 11:26 PM
Heather did an awesome job with her program today - Way to go!!

11 people took the CPP exam - Good luck to everyone.

We'll be testing again next year at the NHPPA Conference in North Conway NH!!

Hi Don;

Since you won't be giving it again till next year ... I just gave the exam on the 19th and will be giving it again on June 14th and October 4th in Camp Hill Pennsylvania. If anyone does not want to wait till 2010 they are welcome to come here to Pa. to take it.

Don_Chick
05-11-2009, 04:48 AM
D. Craig, Thanks for the offer.

Folks can take it in September in NH at the PPANE Convention in Nashua.

I have heard so far from 2 of the 11 that they passed!!!

Christine_Walsh-Newton
05-11-2009, 01:05 PM
I have heard so far from 2 of the 11 that they passed!!!

I find it very discouraging that I took my test a full week before your test and I have still not received results. Are they saving them up for awhile and correcting them all at once?

Don_Chick
05-11-2009, 02:34 PM
I find it very discouraging that I took my test a full week before your test and I have still not received results. Are they saving them up for awhile and correcting them all at once?

Do you know when your Certification Liaison sent them back to PPA?

I put them in the Fedex pouch as soon as I was back from the NHPPA Conference. Most of the time it takes about 2 weeks for people to hear back...

Christine_Walsh-Newton
05-11-2009, 03:04 PM
I took my test on April 19th. My liason Fedexed them as soon as his conference was over. On May 1st I was told that my test would be graded the following week. On May 8th I was told that my results had been mailed. I'm sure they're arriving this week, but I think the process has taken too long. I took my test 22 days ago.

D._Craig_Flory
05-11-2009, 03:07 PM
Hi Don;

I Fed-Ex'd them back to PPA on Wed. April 22nd the day after our 3 day convention was over.

Christine_Walsh-Newton
05-11-2009, 03:25 PM
D Craig - my concern has absolutely nothing to do with your timing on getting the tests sent in - you did it very quick and I appreciate that!

Just frustrated that others are receiving their results ahead of me, when their test was after mine.

Don_Chick
05-11-2009, 05:51 PM
On May 8th I was told that my results had been mailed.

Well that explains it!! The post office has been struggling to implement the 3 cent rate increase that went into effect today.....

Someone once shipped me something from the next state over, it took literally 3 weeks to arrive. The distance was about 160 miles. I think the postman walked it to me. Another time I sent a package to Florida on a Saturday. The person had it in their Monday's mail. I am in NH... How can this be?

At least you know the status from PPA. Now it's up to the USPS to do their job.

George_Hawkins
05-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Don,

Since you have done this:
"~Programs 2010~
Imaging USA - Nashville"

When do you think the planners soon will post a schedule, even something preliminary? Another speaker's website noted they have a pre-con time, but I'd like to know details so we can start a possible plan for travel and possible accommodations.

Don_Chick
05-12-2009, 12:18 PM
When do you think the planners soon will post a schedule, even something preliminary?

I looked on the www.imagingusa.org website and didn't see anything... I have no idea on when they will post a schedule. They asked me to do a pre-convention program for them.

Don_Chick
05-12-2009, 12:20 PM
I've heard from 4 of the 11 test takers that they are happy! :D