PDA

View Full Version : What are YOU doing to pass the time

Barbi_Barnum
03-04-2009, 12:22 AM
What are You doing to pass the time while we waiting to hear the results of the Feb image submission review? I was totally ok while I was getting ready for the VPPA image competition but now that it's over....hmmmm.....I'm thinking about CPP way too much. I have 4 client albums to design, several sessions to work on, and a couple of really fun shoots coming up. But still....I need a diversion.
So anyone got anything that works for them when they hate to wait?

Rose_Mary_Cheek
03-04-2009, 03:10 AM
Hi Barbi... well luckly our State Convention (North Carolina) is going on. that's keeping my mind off for a while... guess from what I undertsand judging is friday, and then it will take a couple of weeks for us to hear?

keep in touch

Rose Mary

Barbi_Barnum
03-05-2009, 01:50 PM
Well image submission results are out!!! I PASSED!!!

ChrisGrandell
03-05-2009, 01:55 PM
Congratulations!

I still haven't heard... :( I'll be hitting send receive every few minutes!

D._Craig_Flory
03-05-2009, 03:55 PM

Hi Barbi;

I am sure you are floating on Cloud Nine and feeling like a huge weight was taken off your shoulders. CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!

Cassandra_Sullivan
03-05-2009, 05:30 PM
congrats Barbi!!!

Rose_Mary_Cheek
03-05-2009, 06:06 PM
Congratulations Barbi.... just found out that I pass also....

I'm so excited.... all the hard work was worth it... whooo hooooo!!!!

DianeDavis
03-05-2009, 07:14 PM

Whooo Hoooo. Congrats!!

DianeDavis
03-05-2009, 07:15 PM
Congratulations Barbi.... just found out that I pass also....

I'm so excited.... all the hard work was worth it... whooo hooooo!!!!

Congrats to you, too. :D

Heather_L._Smith
03-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Yeah, guys!!!! Awesome!!!!!

Chris - have you passed the written exam yet? If you have, then you can check your member record at PPA to see if it says "CPP." If you haven't passed the test yet, then nevermind!

ChrisGrandell
03-05-2009, 08:21 PM
Thanks Heather, I didn't realize it would show on my record! I have passed the exam. For some reason, the image review is what scared me.

Elizabeth_Pokela
03-05-2009, 08:59 PM
So it does not show CPP on my record report. I passed the exam, so I will assume that I didn't pass image review. If I'm wrong I'll be pleasantly surprised I guess. Not sure I'll go through it again, though. Rose Mary, I couldn't make it to Raleigh due to the weather among other things--sorry I missed seeing you. I hope you got home safely, and congrats to you and the others that passed.

Elizabeth

Kimberly_Hill
03-05-2009, 11:38 PM
Congratulations, Barbi and Rose Mary!!!!

ChrisGrandell
03-06-2009, 03:04 AM
So it does not show CPP on my record report.

Mine doesn't yet either. I am still holding onto hope in that they may have had a lot of submissions to go through...

A message earlier from the PPA mentioned that it could take up to a week to get those emails out.

D._Craig_Flory
03-06-2009, 06:18 PM
For those who did pass .. way to go !!! For those who didn't quite make it, this time - you will get it next time. Armed with what the panel found wrong you will make corrections and pass with flying colors !!!

ChrisGrandell
03-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Well, I got my results back today. I'm going to re-group and pass the next submission deadline, armed with the feedback from the panel of judges.

Does anybody know if it is possible for me to retrieve the submission somehow? I didn't print the submission page, because I thought there would be some kind of a preview page first, and it would be great if I could what number the images were.

Thanks guys!

Elizabeth_Pokela
03-09-2009, 07:44 PM
How were you notified? I still haven't heard . . .
Sorry to hear you didn't pass this time around. Good luck next time--

Elizabeth

zorzed
03-09-2009, 07:47 PM

Elizabeth

I got an e-mail from Marisa informing of passing.

P.S. Replied to her with further details, got an out-of-office notification, informing of her being back on 3/16/09. Not sure if this would delay the process.

Barbi_Barnum
03-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Chris I'm sorry this time wasn't your time. I really am impressed with your attitude however. Very impressive.
I think you were supposed to number your submissions when you sent them in. Would the numbers give you any clue?

ChrisGrandell
03-09-2009, 08:22 PM

Elizabeth

I got an email from Marissa Pitts today. Hang in there, I am sure you will get it. If you didn't pass (I wouldn't be so sure yet), the email will contain the critique from the judges, I suspect it will be helpful for me.

I think you were supposed to number your submissions when you sent them in. Would the numbers give you any clue?

No, I didn't re-number them, they still had my filing system's names, would have been smart. I was really surprised that there wasn't any kind of a page to review your submission after you initially upload the photos. It would be great if you uploaded in one step and then put in your inspiration in the next, and there was a preview of the image there for you to view while you do the explanation of the image.

I really am impressed with your attitude however.

Nothing else to do but pick yourself up, and do it again. It kills me because all their critiques seem like they would be very obvious things...

Marie_Mitchell
03-09-2009, 11:28 PM
Congratulations to all that passed.
To those that did'nt, don't give up!

Elizabeth_Pokela
03-12-2009, 01:34 AM
Still no word--

Michael, if you're there, do you know what's up? I've given up on worrying about it, but I figure the last person that posted that they were notified had a last name beginning with "H"--maybe there's an alphabetical something going on here?

Elizabeth

Barbi_Barnum
03-12-2009, 01:42 AM
Elizabeth I know that Marissa is out of the office this week and I believe she is responsible for getting the info out to people. You might call the office and talk to someone else there and see if they can track down the info for you.

Michael_Gan
03-12-2009, 02:34 AM
Elizabeth I know that Marissa is out of the office this week and I believe she is responsible for getting the info out to people. You might call the office and talk to someone else there and see if they can track down the info for you.
Thanks Michael! :D :D

Yeah yeah, I'm here :D

Barbi_Barnum
03-12-2009, 09:08 AM
sorry....I didn't mean to speak for you. That wasn't my intention. I just felt sorry for Elizabeth and wanted to share info with her.

Erin_L._Clark
03-12-2009, 12:28 PM
Congrats on the newly certified! And for those that didn't make it this time-please don't give up-many have had to submit twice -it's definitely worth it when you hear clients argue with others that "she's a REAL! professional photographer, you know- as in- Certified and everything" lol. :o

Michael_Gan
03-12-2009, 04:37 PM
sorry....I didn't mean to speak for you. That wasn't my intention. I just felt sorry for Elizabeth and wanted to share info with her.
No problem, you're prettier than me, and they will listen to you more :D

Kimberly_Hill
03-12-2009, 11:57 PM
Barbi, I hope you get some answers soon! What a mess. Kudos to you for taking it so calmly and professionally!

Barbi_Barnum
03-13-2009, 07:00 PM
Well I got that blue envelope in the mail today. I passed!!!! So I guess that makes me a CPP. It's still not showing up on line for me but that's ok. I'm just glad to finally find out!

Kimberly_Hill
03-14-2009, 12:30 PM
Well I got that blue envelope in the mail today. I passed!!!! So I guess that makes me a CPP. It's still not showing up on line for me but that's ok. I'm just glad to finally find out!

Congratulations Barbi Barnum, CPP!!

D._Craig_Flory
03-14-2009, 01:25 PM
For all those who passed ... yippee !!! Don't forget to add C.P.P. to your signature lines on here. Plus, add it to business cards, studio hand-outs, and web sites.