PDA

View Full Version : February Image Submission Judging

MarisaPitts
02-23-2009, 06:56 PM
The February image submission judging scheduled to take place today has been rescheduled for March 6th. You will be notified by email of the results within 1 week after that date (February 6th was actually the deadline date).

Thanks everyone. I know you're all anxious. Marisa

Elizabeth_Pokela
02-23-2009, 07:50 PM
So the posted judging date of 2/9 didn't happen? Has anything been judged or was it all postponed due to WPPI? Personally, I would say I have been anxious and frustrated a little at this delay. We all worked hard to meet the deadline. It might have made more sense to publicize the delay and change the deadline than to do it after the fact and keep everyone wondering what's going on for weeks when we assume our images were judged the week of 2/9. It also gives us less time, if we don't pass, to prepare for the next judging, if we decide to go through it again.

Thanks for the info though. At least we'll all quit wondering.

Michael_Gan
02-23-2009, 07:56 PM
It was sort of a "perfect storm", the combination of WPPI, a new format for the judges to make the evaluation, and trying to re-coordinate all the judges for a conference call date that would work for everyone (for some reason, the judges have busy schedules with their business' ;))

Valenzuela
02-23-2009, 10:24 PM
Can we update the gallery with new images? OR do we have to go with the ones submitted?

Rose_Mary_Cheek
02-23-2009, 11:14 PM
At least we can stop checking . . . .

Michael_Gan
02-23-2009, 11:30 PM
Can we update the gallery with new images? OR do we have to go with the ones submitted?Wait til you hear the results of this judging, if you've already submitted them. We have plenty of time before the next judging.

Valenzuela
02-24-2009, 02:11 AM
Well I have better images that I would like to include since Feb 6th... and take my weaker images out. Since there is a delay in judging can we update the submission? I really just want to get it done with and I don't want to prolong this process to another judging date.

Michael_Gan
02-24-2009, 09:30 PM
Oh, that. No. Once it's in you're committed ;) Just hang in.

Valenzuela
02-24-2009, 10:45 PM
Thanks Michael...