PDA

View Full Version : Preperation for CPP?

Modified
02-12-2009, 08:11 PM
I've read the entire Certifiedphotographer.com site and PDF downloads in order to find out everything I need or is suggested in order to prepare for the CPP exam and image submission. But I am left with questions still so I hope people here don't mind answering or at least pointing me in the right direction.

I have Photography, 8th Edition already. I don't really want to spend another $120 on the current edition. Is their a major difference between the editions that could result in incorrect or insufficient information for preparing to take the CPP exam?

And with so many photography styles and images being so subjective, what advice can be given in regards to what to submit for judging?

Michael_Gan
02-12-2009, 08:25 PM
8th edition should be just fine. The online questions apparently have a few wrong answers, but other than that, it should work.

Think of your images as an extension of the book. What are all the techniques described in the book that you should exhibit in your images? Refer to the different types of directional lighting and compositions. Also pay attention to light ratios, color harmony (or color theory) and exposure control. The judges aren't looking for the most artful things in the world, but what you can produce for your clients on a regular basis if it had to come down to you needing to use the technical aspects in the book.

Modified
02-13-2009, 06:48 AM
Thanks, that eases it up a bit. I was just thinking that most of my work right now is typical bread and butter stuff. Nothing over the top; not that I couldn't provide that if someone wants it.