PDA

View Full Version : 1st Time Print Comp Results - MidEast Regionals

Angela_Lawson
02-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Hi all. It's been awhile since I've been on the forum - I had some major complications from my back surgery, and am still house-bound at the moment. Because of all the pain meds, I haven't been coherent enough to be able to read on the computer much. Anyway, I'm a little better now, and just wanted to share my results from Mideast Regionals. This having been the 1st time I've entered competition, I was fairly pleased with my results. My lowest score of 74 was one I was already prepared for since I knew the problems going in (Off key), but sent it anyway. However, I scored two 76's and a 77 on my other three. I know that those aren't extraordinary scores by any means, but I am happy with them. The only fly in the ointment, is that now I'm off work until April, so I'm not sure if I will have anything to submit for International competition.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who helped me with the submissions.
Angela

Keith_A_Howe
02-11-2009, 09:51 PM
Congrats Angela!
Sorry to hear of your back problems, There is no pain like back pain (at least that I have experienced) Good Luck
Keith

Anne_Raker
02-11-2009, 10:06 PM
Angela, congratulations! Can you post the images (or if they are posted, can you link me)? I'd love to see them!

treasures1
02-13-2009, 12:33 AM
Those are great scores for the first time, I think. I'd be pretty happy with those. I, too would like to see the images. I think I saw one of yours with a little girl and the wedding album. Was that the 74? I posted some of mine, but judging by the cc I don't even think they'd do that well. I'm going to try to get some better ones, but biz is slow right now. I'm hoping you have a speedy recovery from your surgery. Good luck!

Angela_Lawson
02-13-2009, 03:50 PM
Thanks everyone! I will try to post the images soon (they are on my computer at work, and I'm still home-bound).

Yes, the 74 was the one with the girl in her mom's wedding dress with their wedding album (which was brown). I knew the difference in keys would hurt me, but I wanted to see how it would fair anyway. The ones that were 76's were also ones I posted for input and knew that there were some problems with them as well, but went ahead with them after making some suggested improvements. The one I got a 77 on, I never actually posted, just asked some questions on since it was a naked baby with naked baby bum showing. I'd like to see if there is a better placement on the mat for this one to see if I can bring it up into the merit category, or if I should just be happy with the score and let it go.

Anyway, I'll post as soon as I can.
Angela