PDA

View Full Version : Last second print competition help? (No PPO or Western States Judges, please!)

Anne_Raker
02-11-2009, 07:45 PM
PPO's deadline is TODAY (nothing like waiting until the last minute, right?) and the "late fee" deadline is Friday, so I could actually get these done and turned in in time if I pushed it. I'm debating whether to push it and get them entered, or to work on them more (or scrap a few of them and start over) for Western States? I did enter one of them at SPPA last week (not an official affiliate for competition purposes), and it did well, so that was at least encouraging. :)

What do you think? (The last one needs a new mat and needs my logo off of it, of course...)

They are (in order):
The Omen
Atlas
Neon Needle
Cherub

(Title help is also very much appreciated!)

Keith_A_Howe
02-11-2009, 09:38 PM
Anne
These are too small to tell real well.
The Omen, hard to say but I feel that it would be in the above average or deserving of review catagory.
Atlas, as it is I believe it will fall short in the deserving of review catagory, The problems I see are the lights on his sides and arms are too bright, brighter than his face. Knock these down and I see it in the merit catagory.
Neon Neddle, again too small to tell but it looks like there are a couple of highlight issues on other buildings that need to be handled.
Cherub, From what I can see it looks like the lighting is a little flat and broad light and you have mixed keys with the outfit to the background

I don't want to discourage you from entering I am just trying to answer as best as I can with these small images. I am a strong believer in trying to enter and learn as often as you can. Good Luck Keith

Anne_Raker
02-11-2009, 10:07 PM
Keith, is there a way to get them to post larger on here? I'm not sure why they came out so small. They should be 700px on the long side, but they are showing up here much, much smaller.

Keith_A_Howe
02-13-2009, 12:51 AM
I post my images through PhotoBucket (a free hosting site). I start with my images at say 8x10 @250dpi with my copyright on it (Photobucket states that they have the right use the images so Place your copyright on the images). After you upload the image to Photobucket, place your cursor over the image and there will be 3 options offered below it. Highlight the bottom option (image tag) and copy it to your clipboard. Go into ourppa.com and paste the image tag into your post and it should show large.
Keith