PDA

View Full Version : Imaging USA Merits

Kimberly_McNabb
02-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Do you get a merit for attending Imaging USA? I received mine for the pre-conference and NILMDTS, but not for the conference. Didn't know if I should have one for that also. If I should have - who do I contact?

Rick_Massarini
02-08-2009, 07:54 PM
The attendance merits have probably not yet been posted.

Cindi_K_McDaniel
02-09-2009, 03:18 AM
I noticed that same thing this afternoon. Hopefully they will go up soon :-)

Rick_Massarini
02-09-2009, 03:46 AM
With over 7000 members attending the convention, it'll probably take Marissa quite a while to get all of the merit records updated. You can't use them to apply for a degree until close to the end of the year anyway, so it really doesn't matter how soon she gets them posted as long as they all get on the record before the 2010 degree submission deadline (which is sometime in November).

Mike_Fulton
02-09-2009, 08:32 AM
Here is a question while we are on the subject of merits which I am completely lost on!

Both Cody and I of TriCoast spoke at both Imaging and EPIC this year at their conventions which ran at the same time out in AZ.

We both signed a contract saying we would receive 5 merits for our speaking engagement being that it is national event.

So does that mean we would EACH get 10 merits (5 for Imaging and 5 for EPIC) or is there a limit of me only being able to receive 5 merit limit, even though the contract says I would receive 5 from each?

Michael_Gan
02-09-2009, 04:07 PM
<Rummaging through the bylaws...>

Ah, here it is.

" PPA Association Merit Chart"

A. Annual Convention Speaker 5*

* Maximum five merits per person, per annual convention per year.

PPA and Epic are essentially two different organization bodies, so their contracts are completely separate, thus they don't know what the other association has agreed with their speakers.

I know that PPA has set these rules so that a member can't get their craftsman degrees all in one shot (let say you spoke at SEP as well, that would be 15 merits for 3 programs which would take care of all your core requirements for your degree. So, I can see why this rule is in place.

(putting on my director-elect hat on)

Mike_Fulton
02-09-2009, 04:33 PM
<Rummaging through the bylaws...>

Ah, here it is.

" PPA Association Merit Chart"

A. Annual Convention Speaker 5*

* Maximum five merits per person, per annual convention per year.

PPA and Epic are essentially two different organization bodies, so their contracts are completely separate, thus they don't know what the other association has agreed with their speakers.

I know that PPA has set these rules so that a member can't get their craftsman degrees all in one shot (let say you spoke at SEP as well, that would be 15 merits for 3 programs which would take care of all your core requirements for your degree. So, I can see why this rule is in place.

(putting on my director-elect hat on)
I thought you could only get 5 per convention but again I was not sure since the contract states I get 5 per each speaking engagement. So your saying the PPA rules overrules the legal contract?

Again I am not mad eitherway I have my Craftsman and honestly a few little dingle dongles to go with it if I turned in my merits, which I might do one day, I am just trying to understand this rule since the is clearly a different in the legal contract and the PPA rules. Cody is also in the same boat so I am trying to understand where he stands on his merit number.

Thank you for trying to help me clear up my stupid little brain Michael, either way I am fine just trying to understand. I understand the rules of the PPA but it also does not seem fair if someone puts in the time they should get the credit. (at least in my mind)

Michael_Gan
02-09-2009, 04:41 PM
You can write to Marisa for further clarification at mpitts@ppa.com. As far as know, it seems like EPIC and PPA should be treated as two different conventions. Guess I better find out ;)

jim_heidorn
02-13-2009, 09:59 PM
I just checked and my convention points have been posted.

Jim

Jon_Curtis
02-13-2009, 10:32 PM
My convention points are posted but my NILMDTS have not:confused:

Betsy_Finn
02-18-2009, 04:32 PM
My convention points are posted but my NILMDTS have not:confused:

I was just on the NILMDTS site today searching for something... and came across this link Jon -- it looks like you have to submit a merit request form:

http://www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org/files/PPAMeritAppandLetter12109.pdf

When you submit your NILMDTS merit form application, here is the email instructions you receive

We send merits to PPA at the end of every month (we cannot send yours individually before that time)
PPA takes 10-15 business days to process and record your merits once they are received from us.
Your merits will show up in your PPA record usually within 6-8 weeks of submission of your merit form.
PPA & NILMDTS requests that you do not contact PPA directly regarding these merits.
If your merit has not shown up 8 weeks after you submitted your merit form, please email training@nilmdts.org. Please do not call the office as we will need time to research this for you, and just need your information in the email. Please include your name, the date of training, and the date you submitted your merit form to us.